Caliheat

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just wondering if people have seen Caliheat and what you think of it? https://www.caliheat.de/ I tried to make my own version and had mixed results. What do others do about keeping upstairs warm? I know hot air rises but I've still found it chilly upstairs. Obviously the bellows is not thermally efficient but just keen to hear what others do.....other than sleep downstairs :)

Obviously the bellows is not thermally efficient but just keen to hear what others do.....other than sleep downstairs :)

A good down-filled duvet, plus a spaniel for really cold nights.

That's good enough for us but you could consider the following options, sorry if stating the obvious:
1. A ducted hot air system (as above or DIY).
2. 'Topper' type cover, and/or internal Isotop system for the bellows.
3. If on electric hook-up, rig up one of the very small fan heaters to direct warm air upwards into the 'tent'.

Insanely happy using this DIY for 2 years https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/heating-the-top-tent.21678/
I don't like 2 things about caliheat design.
1) Getting just a portion of flow vent. Even with my tube covering whole vent, there is enough leaking to warm up downstairs.
2) Top of the tube is connected above the bed.
After some experiments, I find that mounting a top of the tube slightly lower under the bed lets part of the airflow to warm the bed from underneath. And half of it goes upstairs.
Running even on 2-3 level heater at -10 outside, you might get too warm upstairs due to a tent is a small airpocket.
So we open the windows's zips in order to have warm but fresh air.

Resurrecting this thread sorry. Anyone have the Caliheat and have comments?

I did it myself for no more than 20€.
But as of if it works.... certainly, huge difference if you are sleeping upstairs.

Back