Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali's on Tour - Euro Road Trip - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks

I'm really liking the sound of this trip, were planning our first drive into Europe next summer. We would love to join you for at least the first 4-5 days if thats possible before heading off. Need to confirm dates as nothing booked yet but 99% there.

Cheers

Steve and Rachel :D

Martin said:
The 'maybe' list ( Updated 3/11/2012)

1. Choplee
2. Calikev
3. Gary & Heather
4. Andy & liz
5. CaliforniaMan
6. Tatooz
7. Stu
8. PistolKnight
9. Martin
10. Chris & Penny
11. Shambly
12. Hubert
13. PhilipMaul
14. Wim
15. BigMac4061
16. Mike
17. Hedy1962
18. Debaross
19. Martin and Blanche
20. Alex + SMG
21. JockMacMad
22. Duckling 68
23. MarcLeFuture
24. David of Hook
25. Andy& Liz
26. KernowLad
27. Oli
28. Celia and Edward
29. Khris and Nichola
30. Steve W
31. Garry & Lisa

Sorry about this everyone, another change of plan! :headbang

Due to the date we have chosen it is proving very difficult to work with for the factory tour in July so what we are considering doing is:

1. July 2013 - We will still have a small meet in France around the same date with a convoy running from Calais down to central France, people can then head off their own way and we still get our Euro Meet.

2. Autumn 2013 - We will plan the factory tour in Hannover for a long weekend ( possibly over 4 days)

Please let me know your thoughts ?

Suits me as my kids want eurodisney :thumb

Calikev said:
Suits me as my kids want eurodisney :thumb

You can go to Euro Disney anytime :thumb And it's over rated :shocked

Factory Tours (as we know all too well) don't come along too often. :headbang

I just can't get them interested in a factory tour I would still like to go but the summer holidays
They have other plans :thumb

Autumn works well for us for the factory tour, but I appreciate we are probably not the norm, as we have no work or school term commitments. So we would then go for the factory visit and forego the summer road trip and avoid the high season.

We would probably link it with a longer trip to Germany and points south.

Thanks for your continued efforts with this!

Hi Martin,

We'll struggle with Autumn as we both work full time and have kids at school. We're going to head into Germany (Harz Mountains) in July and only have two weeks leave so probably won't have time to go to France as well.

Good luck with them both anyway :)

Cheers

MarcLeFuture said:
Hi Martin,

We'll struggle with Autumn as we both work full time and have kids at school. We're going to head into Germany (Harz Mountains) in July and only have two weeks leave so probably won't have time to go to France as well.

Good luck with them both anyway :)

Cheers

Sorry about this Mark, it is still subject to change so watch this space, we had originally planned the factory tour but we were then asked to move the date as July was not good for them, we are still waiting for a confirmation on this as it was just verbally discussed on the phone. Ideally we want to get this all planned by the end of November so people can plan their summer hols around it. If anyone speaks good German on here please can you PM me :thumb

Martin said:
Sorry about this everyone, another change of plan! :headbang

Due to the date we have chosen it is proving very difficult to work with for the factory tour in July so what we are considering doing is:

1. July 2013 - We will still have a small meet in France around the same date with a convoy running from Calais down to central France, people can then head off their own way and we still get our Euro Meet.

2. Autumn 2013 - We will plan the factory tour in Hannover for a long weekend ( possibly over 4 days)

Please let me know your thoughts ?

I look forward to hearing the agenda for July, as we need to be the otherside of Paris (cough....euro disney) by the evening of the 28th July, so could perhaps be involved for the first couple of nights?

Andy

An autumn visit to the factory sounds good to me

Some good and bad news on this I am afraid.

The bad news is VW Hannover have confirmed they are unable to accommodate us in the summer holidays now due to the factory being on a skeleton staff this year, this means July and August are out.

The good news is we have an excellent contact now actually at the factory who is helping us arrange some new dates for next year which we plan to announce shortly.

Finally we still plan to have a small meet in France at the beginning of the school summer holidays so you will have the opportunity to meet up and then continue your trip.

We are very interested in your plans Martin. We live in SW France, and would be happy to help in any way we can.
Chris T4 Westy Calif

Status
Not open for further replies.