Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California European Meet / Road Trip

Re: VW California 4 Nations European Meet

We are new owners getting the hang of it all - You can count us in as well :D
Thanks
Hedy

Hello,

I'm speaking on behalf of the Dutch and Belgian California drivers.
There is no California forum in these countries, one the most used information channels is the VW Camper Site http://www.wimkoelman.wordpress.com

Please inform me about this event, so that I can keep my site up to date about this European Meet.

Many thanks,

Wim

Thank you Wim, I have sent you a PM

This meet has been creating quite alot of interest on many of the European forums aswell, at last count I think we were up to around 80 Cali's and we still have a year left of planning ! :shocked

VW California 4 Nations European Meet

Make that 81. I'm sure we will be there as well.

We will be coming from Switzerland, I don't know of any forums here either but I have seen a few Cali's around. Might drop a few notes and see if I can drum up few few more Swiss Cali's to join.

We will be in Ireland at some point next summer, but assuming no clash of dates, then count us in

Any Belgium and Dutch members please see: http://wimkoelman.wordpress.com/meeting-2013/

evwcm-camper-site.jpg

Due to the major complications with arranging this meet we are looking to change the way we do this, quite a few people have said they would be interested in a road trip across Germany and France next year, basically we would start at the tunnel and work our way across France where people can join us and leave us 'as and when' they wish so you could combine it with your summer holiday. Once we have our route and camp sites booked that we are stopping at we will inform the other owners clubs so they can come and visit us or also join the trip.

Obviously this is just an idea that we have been bouncing around and we just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts are on this?

Also the Belgium and Holland owners club would be interested in attending a meet in Kent at some point next year.

That sounds like a fun idea. Something I would be more interested in than a mass gathering. We did this event http://www.crumballrally.com/theitalianjob.php last year - we could do something similar in Cali's! (although we would probably have to avoid crashing into every other competitor like last time...)

We traveled in a Vauxhall Carlton Eagle Quest Limo - purchased off ebay for ÂŁ280 - and subtly modified to turn it into the Black Pig of Cap't Pugwash fame.

IMG_1108Large-1.jpg

Their organisation was great and there was lots to see and do but if we did a simple roadtrip we could take some of the things they did to add to the amusment factor - simple photo challenges for example. So everyone leaves the campsite in the morning and goes their separate ways (or travel in convoy, whatever..) but during the day they have to collect something (or some things..) unusual or an unusual photograph or similar...

The only real problem on our trip was the refusal by the Swiss border guards to allow an Audi X-Fighter through with roof mounted Photon Torpedoes.

Of course most blokes want an excuse to dress up as Princess Leia don't they....?

IMG_1115.jpg

The "Best dressed" car was won by "the Dog car". I missed most of it wiith this photo opportunity however.

IMG_1086.jpg

I think it's a good idea. What length of time are you thinking of Martin?

I was thinking maybe 2-3 weeks, the same people do not need to be part of the trip all the time so it may end with totally different people at the end compared to the beginning. A bit like Coach Trip on Channel 4 :lol: I would of thought this would not be difficult to plan as we just draw up an itinerary and people choose where they want book/join us.

Martin are you saying the 4 nations meet is not happening then ?? I understand that due to the numbers wishing to attend that it will need a lot of organization & as such may be beyond the clubs means.

Also the Belgium and Holland owners club would be interested in attending a meet in Kent at some point next year.

Sounds like an idea.

Hi Andy, It 'may' still be happening but it does seem a bit of a logistical nightmare as we are unable to find a location to take so many Cali's in the middle of the summer, the German owners club are still very eager to do something so we can still keep it open.

Hi

Hoping to get my Cali soon and I am trying to plan forward. This year I aim to stay in the UK to get to know the Cal, but I do anticipate venturing abroad next year and meeting up with other owners would be good. I have to say I like the flexibility of a route plan which would allow me to plan a personal trip including joining up with other owners.

I would love to go if I manage to get my Cali in time. I plan to get one upon my return from Asia in March '13 so if all goes well ;)