Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calling All Solo Campers

I disagree, I have been to meets and really enjoyed myself on my own, I think it would also be nice with other solo campers, if someone found love then surely that is not a bad thing.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with that, finding love would be great, but finding someone who goes along to meets to make a nuisance of themselves would not!

far to risky to even think of commenting .........

:cheers

Last edited:
Have found the forums in this group very open and friendly. Very occasionally however the input from other solo women travellers is helpful. Belong to VW Chicks and Women with Campervans but sometimes find the fact that don’t drive an old T2/T25/T4 etc conversion/self build marks you out a little as not a ‘proper Vdubber’. Since don’t really do garlands etc and love my Cali would like to share thoughts with like minded Cali women.
This has already been a useful topic for me as I didn't know about VW Chicks and Women with Campervans. I would welcome a forum for sharing thoughts, info and inspiration with like minded Cali women.

Everyone's experience is going to be different here & if it suits some people to meet up, no harm in them connecting.

Much as we like to think things have moved on, there are additional (or different) issues for women.

I often camp alone and to be with a group and know you are not going to be a gooseberry would be a bonus for me

Can I send my missus along? ;)

Oh I'm not disagreeing with that, finding love would be great, but finding someone who goes along to meets to make a nuisance of themselves would not!

My thoughts exactly - we want to enjoy our camping experience not have a prospective dating agency on the doorstep. If people want that they should set up a 'singles' group.

I was a ‘solo camper’ for 15 months solid over 23 countries every night, approx 80% wild camp.

I see no point in spitting the solo campers from the duo campers of whatever.....we are all travellers ......
To misquote Rudyard Kipling; down to Gehennum or up to the throne, one travels best who travels alone!

Change of title due to requests....

Call ALL solo Cali travellers both male and female.

We have had requests for solo campers meets? Anyone interested?
Very interested. Let’s get cracking before winter
Male from Yorkshire

I don't see it as splitting the group, I would still attend other meets. If you are the only singleton in a group of couples or families it can feel a bit awkward. So if there is a meet where you know everyone is on the same position its a good thing.

I don't think anyon is planning a breakaway group.
Totally agree