Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calor gas bottles???

S

SamSara

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I am heaing that the gas bottles are being discontinued. Those in the know, will it impact us and if so what do we need to change to? Thank you

Nothing that I have read mentions the 907 used in an ocean or the smaller new beach bottle being discontinued. It’s the larger caravan size ones that are affected.

The campingaz bottle for the California is different and so unaffected. With regards to calor gas, they are simplifying the range. If, for example, you have a 4.5kg bottle, this is being phased out and the recommended replacement is the 7.5kg bottle. A new regulator will be required. As mentioned, this won't affect the campingaz in the van, only if you use calor for anything else.

I am heaing that the gas bottles are being discontinued. Those in the know, will it impact us and if so what do we need to change to? Thank you
The 6kg light bottle is definitely discontinued due to corrosion and is exchanged for the standard one.

I guess there may be an impact on the availability and or cost of 907s as Calor are recommending users of the smaller bottles to consider changing to 907s.

Hold up a mo…… Calor and CampingGaz are two separate companies…… It doesn’t matter what Calor are up to, we use CampingGaz :thumb

I guess there may be an impact on the availability and or cost of 907s as Calor are recommending users of the smaller bottles to consider changing to 907s.
My current supplier of 907 has been out of stock since October and has been offering 907 to 904 swaps with return to 907 when available.
Also 904 purchases are £10 more than a 907 if a 907 was available.
Something is going on !!!

My current supplier of 907 has been out of stock since October and has been offering 907 to 904 swaps with return to 907 when available.
Also 904 purchases are £10 more than a 907 if a 907 was available.
Something is going on !!!
This is why I am happy to re fill my 907's myself :)

If you don't want to exchange on the continent leisure gas cylinders are compatible, cheaper and zinc coated.

Swapped my empty 907 for a full one at GO Outdoors today, they had just had a delivery. They told me that there had been a big demand for gas cylinders of all types, with many people buying additional ones. They thought that it was due to the threat of power cuts this winter.

Camping Gas is not cheap.
I visited a FloGas depot back in November and swapped an empty 904 Camping Gaz tank which cost £37.99.
Swapping an empty GasFlo 4Kg propane tank at the same time cost £22.44.

Alan