Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cambelt / Water Pump Change + 4 years - Dealer Offers

M

Mitch

Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
Morning All

My van is approaching the dreaded 4 year mark so is due a cambelt change. The recommendation is to do the water pump at the same time and VW dealers have a fixed price of £445+VAT (£534 inc.) for this job.

For anyone local to these 2 dealers, they seem to be offering 20% off the whole job at £356+VAT (£427.20 inc.).

I'm annoyed as they are not near me so can't take advantage - does anyone know of any other dealers that are offering this discount currently? I phoned Breeze who are my local dealer and they weren't prepared to price-match...

Sinclair Vans Cardiff / Swansea
http://www.sinclairvans.co.uk/offer...mbelt-water-pump-replac/9210/offerdetail.aspx

Greenhous VW Bilston
http://www.greenhous.co.uk/offers/service/vw-cambelt-replacements

Might be worth a call to SMG.

Thanks - since I posted this I have spoken to a few dealers and quite a few have said they will honour the discount. Mine is now booked in for a few week's time.

Morning All

My van is approaching the dreaded 4 year mark so is due a cambelt change. The recommendation is to do the water pump at the same time and VW dealers have a fixed price of £445+VAT (£534 inc.) for this job.

For anyone local to these 2 dealers, they seem to be offering 20% off the whole job at £356+VAT (£427.20 inc.).

I'm annoyed as they are not near me so can't take advantage - does anyone know of any other dealers that are offering this discount currently? I phoned Breeze who are my local dealer and they weren't prepared to price-match...

http://www.sinclairvans.co.uk/offer...mbelt-water-pump-replac/9210/offerdetail.aspx

Greenhous VW Bilston

The promotions are upto the individual Dealerships. Glad you found someone to price match .

Have a chat with Breeze at Totton. They did my Cambelt and water pump well after a winter deal had run out when Breeze at Poole won't.

Alan

Hi,
This is rather late to reply but I too am discussing need to replace cam belt/water pump on my 2014 Cali 140SE.
Many on forum say it should be done after 4 yrs but CVS Canterbury say recommended interval is 5 yrs.
Found this on FAQ's on VW customer help website:
How often should I change my cambelt?
We recommend a cambelt change interval at 4 years for cars registered before September 2009, 5 years thereafter. Customers who reach the recommended mileage limited on their vehicles cambelts before 4 or 5 years maybe advised to change their cambelt sooner.
My Call has only done 27k miles.
Does anyone know what the 'recommended mileage' referred to above is?

Just found this on VW Commercial website:

When should the cambelt be replaced on my Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle?

• The recommended service intervals for your vehicle can be located inside your service schedule. Wear to cam belts will vary and are subject to driving style, types of use. Your Volkswagen Van Centre will advise when a replacement is required. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK recommend that you have your cambelt replaced every four years irrespective of driven mileage. Should you have any queries, please contact your nearest Van Centre.
Hmmmm...looks like it should be 4 yrs for vans then!

My Call has only done 27k miles.
Does anyone know what the 'recommended mileage' referred to above is?
210K KM but I think of it as russian roulette, the longer you leave it the greater the odds of a belt failure and we know what that means..
Even though you have only done 27K belts are more likely to perish due to age than use..

My plan would be Belt and tensioner 4 years and belt tensioner and pump at 8

Attachments

• Service_scedule_additional.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
210K KM but I think of it as russian roulette, the longer you leave it the greater the odds of a belt failure and we know what that means..
Even though you have only done 27K belts are more likely to perish due to age than use..

Hi Loz, which document is that excerpt from? Is it readily available?

I'm surprised at that plan Loz. I thought the pump was just as likely to die as the belt, with equally catastrophic results, so logically gets changed at the same time. I suspect you have your reasons though...?

Personally the small extra cost to get the water pump changed at the same time is a no brainer for me

Is £534 a lot for such a big job? The parts alone will set you back at least £150.

Just YouTube the job and watch it right through.

Can you honestly say you were worth what you got paid every day of your working life? Didn’t think so.

Morning All

Greenhous VW Bilston
,£550 all in didn't seem that bad. I paid £1200 ,,5 years ago fir an mg, just ask will they price match?

Good to hear. VW are quitegood at prive matching, especially from another vw dealer "A little of something us better than all of nothing!"

Thanks Mitch
My cambelt etc was due and the local VW dealer matched the offer from Sinclairs at Cardiff.
Job done!