Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camp Site Recomendations North Devon Croyde Saunton

And69sk1

And69sk1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi I am looking for any recommendations for camp sites in the North Devon area possibly near croyde or saunton sands.

Without a doubt Lobb fields Braunton. No frills site, 5 mins drive from Saunton sands. Have been going there since I was a child. Big pitches some hard standing. Book early

Depends when you want to go - if it's after 24th March then consider Putsborough. There are 2 campsites there, the most spectacular being the beach site which directly overlooks the beach. There's a lovely coast path walk from here around Baggy Point to Croyde.
They only show weekly prices so I'm unsure about shorter stays, and while they built a new toilet block there a couple if years ago I don't know if it has showers, you'd need to ring and find out.

http://www.putsborough.com/caravantariff.asp

Otherwise there are plenty of sites in Mortehoe and Woolacombe - I always recommend Damage Barton as it's a high quality site with a lovely new shower block and big hardstandings pitches and a grass field if you want to get stuck when it rains!
Again not open till March though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would say Freshwell in Croyde, basic but ok with a great sea view and right on the beach. One of the more reasonbly priced sites by Croyde standards, not very level though unless you get a spot at the bottom edge. No hookups.

I also used Surfers Paradise great beach access but again very expensive for a no frills site. Charged me £25 a night for a tent last time I was there and another £5 a night to park my motorbike. No hookups and we've had some issues with cocky young staff there to.

Both of the above are a couple mins from the shore. Freshwell maybe 2 minutes, Surfers about 5.

I love Croyde but I think its became a victim of its own success its just too over crowded in season these days. Even Putsborough is now charging £8 just to access the beach...

Ruda is a nice site (they own pretty much everything around there anyway) if you want more facilities and a hookup (if any are available) expect to pay over £35 a night.

Last edited: