Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping gaz 907 ??

Maths was off, it should cost £3.00.
You will probably find that Campingaz is owned by a VW subsidiary.
It’s actually much much cheaper to buy the little cartridges + £1 each than refill the Gas bottles, unless you are in Spain then it’s relatively cheap. 99% of our cooking is done outside so a gas bottle lasts us for yonks. Only had 2 refills in 6 years, but for Anyone who uses it a lot it can work out quite expensive.

Was looking at cadac gas options and wondered if it would even be viable to use those 220g cartridge's as gas for the van as well using something like this in the gas compartment:-

Equivalent would be 12-13 of them per 907 but then at only a pound or so each and readily available. Would also save weight and carrying spare gas would be no problem.

Was looking at cadac gas options and wondered if it would even be viable to use those 220g cartridge's as gas for the van as well using something like this in the gas compartment:-

Equivalent would be 12-13 of them per 907 but then at only a pound or so each and readily available. Would also save weight and carrying spare gas would be no problem.
In the olden days when we could travel overseas We would take 8 x £1 canisters for a 3 week trip to France and Spain probably end up using 6. We do take a small oven from Aldi cost us £15 and brilliant. Also if on site it’s electric kettle so really don’t use a lot of gas anyway. Although everyone has a different idea on what they take and what they cook.

As my Cali goes into build this week (allegedly), just started looking around for 907 suppliers. Cotswold Outdoor are doing empty 907 bottles for £23, but wth the club VIP discount code that comes down to £19.55. My local gas supplier wanted and extra £26.25 on top of the 'refill' cost of £35.50 if I didn't exchange an empty cylinder. A few quid saved to spend on something else I suppose!

Make one of those dodgy transfer pipes..

(IT WAS A JOKE, before all the H&S bull starts)
Already got one! I should get 14 x 907 refills out of that (•◡•)

Reactions: Loz

Yes, I have done the mod. There is a thread here somewhere. Replace the regulator on the end of the flexy pipe with a cadac quick release then use your cadac 907 regulator with quick release for either van or BBq. Or use cadac throwaway regulator for either.

You will probably find that Campingaz is owned by a VW subsidiary.
It’s actually much much cheaper to buy the little cartridges + £1 each than refill the Gas bottles, unless you are in Spain then it’s relatively cheap. 99% of our cooking is done outside so a gas bottle lasts us for yonks. Only had 2 refills in 6 years, but for Anyone who uses it a lot it can work out quite expensive.
or Brandrup more like £70

Hi just got new van so where do we get our gas from as most places are saying they only sell empty?? We are in west Scotland so what are the suppliers to look at??
When you get your Gaz bottle you can cut up an old piece of hose slit down one side and push it onto the bottom of the bottle before fitting, this will stop the metal bottle rubbing on the plastic base of the gas compartment.

As my Cali goes into build this week (allegedly), just started looking around for 907 suppliers. Cotswold Outdoor are doing empty 907 bottles for £23, but wth the club VIP discount code that comes down to £19.55. My local gas supplier wanted and extra £26.25 on top of the 'refill' cost of £35.50 if I didn't exchange an empty cylinder. A few quid saved to spend on something else I suppose!
Many of the empty 907 cylinders on the Multi coloured auction site, filter the closest, i picked one up for £5 empty with the seal / handle then just exchanged for a full one :thumb

make sure it’s got the Handle seal as many won’t exchange without it.

Yes, I have done the mod. There is a thread here somewhere. Replace the regulator on the end of the flexy pipe with a cadac quick release then use your cadac 907 regulator with quick release for either van or BBq. Or use cadac throwaway regulator for either.
My gas locker now looks like this so I can run the cadac or the Cali from either 907 or throwaway tins as needed. Make your own judgement or ask a pro as to whether this is safe or not :)

Cadac quick release male on end of Cali hose, then use a regular with quick release females on to connect. Normally there is a 907 in there with the QR connection on but it can be taken off and out in 10 seconds now, no more fighting with the Cali regulator...

1622119442519838486012291209723.jpg

16221194998638855493423330430704.jpg

16221196920667228659452662939233.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173826260606 - cadaq quick release pair (male and female)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321910760040 - hose coupler (1/4 x 1/4 Left Hand thread)

Campingaz regulator , hose and clips ( to attach to the female QR)

Cadaq EN417 regulator with quick release (for the disposable cartridges).

Undo and remove the GOK regulator off the end of the flexible hose in the Cali (it is left hand threaded) , screw on the coupler inline and the Cadaq male quick release and tighten . Don't forget the gas leak detector spray.

Make up the campingaz regulator, hose, quick release male. Job done.
I already had a cadac BBQ with quick release and a EN417 regulator with quick release, so I can now pick and chose what to use where.

Last edited:
My gas locker now looks like this so I can run the cadac or the Cali from either 907 or throwaway tins as needed. Make your own judgement or ask a pro as to whether this is safe or not :)

Cadac quick release male on end of Cali hose, then use a regular with quick release females on to connect. Normally there is a 907 in there with the QR connection on but it can be taken off and out in 10 seconds now, no more fighting with the Cali regulator...

View attachment 79161

View attachment 79162

View attachment 79163

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173826260606 - cadaq quick release pair (male and female)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321910760040 - hose coupler (1/4 x 1/4 Left Hand thread)

Campingaz regulator , hose and clips ( to attach to the female QR)

Cadaq EN417 regulator with quick release (for the disposable cartridges).

Undo and remove the GOK regulator off the end of the flexible hose in the Cali (it is left hand threaded) , screw on the coupler inline and the Cadaq male quick release and tighten . Don't forget the gas leak detector spray.

Make up the campingaz regulator, hose, quick release male. Job done.
I already had a cadac BBQ with quick release and a EN417 regulator with quick release, so I can now pick and chose what to use where.
Great solution so much easier to pull out and connect to Cadac

I got an exchange (empty for full) 907 from my local Go Outdoors for £32 (with the GO Discount Card) last week.

Still £30 at Chorley Gas, we called in on the way South from Scotland a couple of weeks ago.

All outrageous when you consider that you are getting less than £5 worth of gas as LPG pump prices.

I have three 907 cylinder, one empty and two partially filled, but not enough Gas for a couple of weeks away.
the cost of an exchange would cost me £37, ideally I would like alI three cylinders full so I can just grab one and go & take a spare if I need to . The cost of exchanging three cylinders at one would equate to an eye watering £111 + I would be loosing the amount of gas still remaining in two of the 907 cylinders.

i decided to research what was possible to reduce the cost & take control of the situation as far as part used bottles with not enough residual gas remaining for a full trip & reduce the overall cost of a refill to a more acceptable cost.

here is what I did post #17 (Health and safety comments not required).

I found a full canister will last at least a whole year and that's using with my cardiac BBQ as well covered at least half doz weekends and a full 11 days away i use electric kettle when hooked up.
I've only filled up once in 2 years.

I found a full canister will last at least a whole year and that's using with my cardiac BBQ as well covered at least half doz weekends and a full 11 days away i use electric kettle when hooked up.
The rate of gas Usage is slightly subjective and can be affected by various factors, I assume you refer to a 907 cyclinder in your post ?

i agree a full 907 cylinder will last for a good period of time, under normal use, particularly if you use it for less than 25 days over a two year period then there is probably no issue for you, particularly if you are happy to pay the exorbitant costs of an exchange.

however when they run low you may be caught short whilst on a trip, that leaves you with a dilemma?
Do I take more than one cylinder with me ?
or
Do you trade in your part used 907, knowing there is a % of gas still inside?
or
do you run it dry, then exchange it after the cylinder is empty (With the added hassle of finding a stockist whilst on your trip & making a specific journey to the stockist, whom may not be local to where you are, particularly in the U.K.

I have 2 907 bottles in this country I may take the spare if running low. Never had problem in finding stockist in this country. So can swap over if completely dry. Not sure if I would risk taking a loose canister abroad as they do check stowage at terminal/port, and you may come unstuck.

907 and a 904 as spare. I exchange them on the Continent as and when required.

I’ve managed to use less that 2 bottles in 7 years. When camping we use either campsite electric or the £1 throw away canisters. Only use the onboard gas when making a cuppa by the roadside.

Price up-date if you live in Shropshire or central Powys - Charlie's Stores sell Camping Gaz 907 refills at £34.95. Yes I know it's an horrendous price but better than some outlets.

I'll soon be finding out how much they are in French supermarkets now and guess that the price equates to about £23.

I’ve managed to use less that 2 bottles in 7 years. When camping we use either campsite electric or the £1 throw away canisters. Only use the onboard gas when making a cuppa by the roadside.
We carry a spare, we are a family of 4, I found that if used for cooking, tea and washing up water plus some use of pump up shower it last 12 days, if used for cooking only (with the kettle for tea and washing up run from EHU) 68 days.

My approx formula for gas used
Number of days used for cooking X 0.04 +
Number of days used for kettle X 0.225

When compared to the full amount of 2.75KG you can guess the approx % used.

Helps you guess when it's nearly run out, I keep a spread sheet :- )