Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping gaz 907 ??

T
Price up-date if you live in Shropshire or central Powys - Charlie's Stores sell Camping Gaz 907 refills at £34.95. Yes I know it's an horrendous price but better than some outlets.

I'll soon be finding out how much they are in French supermarkets now and guess that the price equates to about £23.
The only 2 bottles we bought new are from Spain and cost us €18.
Obviously that was before the war and fuel price increases, but I bet they are still a good bit cheaper that rip off UK prices..

T

The only 2 bottles we bought new are from Spain and cost us €18.
Obviously that was before the war and fuel price increases, but I bet they are still a good bit cheaper that rip off UK prices..
I paid about that at a caravanning shop when I picked up the van, dealer recommended the place. It’s nice to have indoor brew making facilities especially on walks etc but on holiday proper we cook outside on an unleaded stove, so it’s no big deal if the 907 runs out somewhere up in the Pyrenees. 10L jerry lasts most of the summer although it isn’t the cheap solution it once was!

The slidepod in my last Cali ran the twin hob off the Cadac Duo Power Pak regulator (2x EN415 450gram cylinders) and as I always carry spares of those for the safari chef I’m wondering if I couldn’t just get another one of those with a quick release to swap from the 907 to the power pak if the 907 runs out. Has anyone done this?

Yes. There is a thread about it somewhere. You need a couple of bits and it adds a cadac quick release into the system so that you can use a 907 or the disposables

Yes. There is a thread about it somewhere. You need a couple of bits and it adds a cadac quick release into the system so that you can use a 907 or the disposables
Brilliant thanks - I’ll go searching some more