Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping Hell Ferien Resort, Fugen, Zillertal, Austria.

larrylamb

larrylamb

Cali owner.
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
If you like a facility packed site this takes some beating. Situated in the Zillertal region, the family run site is absolutely immaculate and run like a Swiss clock
Amazing bathrooms, so many to choose from, same with wash up and laundry facilities, never had to queue for a loo or shower.
Reception could be a premium hotel, fab spa, kids area, 2 pools, nice restaurant, even electric cars for hire.
Very relaxed site with nice pitches too.
Only downside is it's situated on it's own outside of Fugen so a bit of a walk to other restaurants etc.
IMG_20190810_202313.jpgIMG_20190810_202219.jpgIMG_20190810_202009.jpgIMG_20190810_202558.jpgIMG_20190810_202525.jpgIMG_20190810_202356.jpgIMG_20190810_202350.jpgIMG_20190810_202805.jpgIMG_20190810_202745.jpgIMG_20190810_202634.jpg

We have stayed here twice and it sets the standard! An amazing campsite - the facilities are second to none.

€57 per night for a family with 2 children (ages between 1 and 13) and a dog on a 70m^2 pitch.

It better be good!
We (2 adults and 2 kids) stayed a couple of nights two years ago, paid about that price, loved it and returned a second year. Place was packed both times, so it would appear we’re not alone in our approval. Stayed 3 nights the last time and would happily go back again. We were on a short tour around Europe where we stayed some nights in the cheapest of the cheap (and worst of the worst!) so we were very happy to try out the opposite end of the spectrum too. Glad to report, just like the poster above, we enjoyed it and will return again.

We (2 adults and 2 kids) stayed a couple of nights two years ago, paid about that price, loved it and returned a second year. Place was packed both times, so it would appear we’re not alone in our approval. Stayed 3 nights the last time and would happily go back again. We were on a short tour around Europe where we stayed some nights in the cheapest of the cheap (and worst of the worst!) so we were very happy to try out the opposite end of the spectrum too. Glad to report, just like the poster above, we enjoyed it and will return again.

We’ve just finished 11 nights on one site. Fantastic swimming pools! €38 per night.

Two complaints:
- no soap in bathrooms
- no outdoor clock by pools

I don’t suppose they will act on my complaints even though trivial to rectify. I really cannot understand why so many campsites in France do not provide soap in the bathroom.

If you like a facility packed site this takes some beating. Situated in the Zillertal region, the family run site is absolutely immaculate and run like a Swiss clock
Amazing bathrooms, so many to choose from, same with wash up and laundry facilities, never had to queue for a loo or shower.
Reception could be a premium hotel, fab spa, kids area, 2 pools, nice restaurant, even electric cars for hire.
Very relaxed site with nice pitches too.
Only downside is it's situated on it's own outside of Fugen so a bit of a walk to other restaurants etc.
View attachment 48571View attachment 48572View attachment 48573View attachment 48574View attachment 48575View attachment 48576View attachment 48577View attachment 48578View attachment 48579View attachment 48580
Front of house good cant argue, but still stack and rack you on the site though just like many European sites.

This place looks like a true gem for us and our two children (4 and 6). Finding a good pool which isn’t too crowded in Europe is a bit of a mission. Amarillo, could I ask you where you’re currently staying with the good pool? Many thanks and all the best.

This place looks like a true gem for us and our two children (4 and 6). Finding a good pool which isn’t too crowded in Europe is a bit of a mission. Amarillo, could I ask you where you’re currently staying with the good pool? Many thanks and all the best.
You can see the main pool area: toddlers pool, water slides and pool. Under the marquee is a heated pool and a second toddlers pool.

Front of house good cant argue, but still stack and rack you on the site though just like many European sites.
I thought they were decent size pitches and with small hedging etc there was no evidence of people walking through other pitches ( a personal dislike).

I agree with that Larry, when you rent a pitch its like renting a house, you don't want folks walking through your garden...