Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campingaz refills

All the bottles (Gaz907) have been rust free that I have had from an official. suppliers I have picked up all my bottles empty bottles at around £3 - £4 from car boot sales some have had surface rust (some extensive) no issue with exchange. I am of the opinion they are given a spray over before leaving Gaz supplier if via official suppliers. Also given a red seal.
In my view, clever marketing from the yellow bottle gas supplier - undercutting on the bottle price but the issue is very limited refill locations and not much of a difference in the cost of the gas refill any saving likely be used in driving to collect it.

Lots of shite on here regarding EU. Rules. Laws etc. Just tell us where the cheap gas is for crying out loud.

Lots of shite on here regarding EU. Rules. Laws etc. Just tell us where the cheap gas is for crying out loud.

??? Is reading a bit difficult for you? Or just a bad hair day?
The thread is full of tips for cheap(er) gas provisioning, methinks...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Well at £30 for a slightly rusty bottle full of gas, this appeared to be a good enough deal. I should be able to get £15 for one of my mint empty bottles making a net outlay of £15. I've bought rustier bottles before. Thanks for the link.

20181214_222704.jpg

??? Is reading a bit difficult for you? Or just a bad hair day?
The thread is full of tips for cheap(er) gas provisioning, methinks...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
4 pages of tips. But no tips. Yes. Very difficult. Pain in the ass hair day. Norway. EU. Brecksit. Just want to know where the gas is. Yes it's painful reading

Tow sure sells them but that’s mufkands based, and I think go outdoors sell them
Towsure were selling empties for £12.50 a while back, will deliver. Not sure about now.

Tow sure sells them but that’s mufkands based, and I think go outdoors sell them
Go outdoors are £34.99 for a refill, OUCH. Good thing is that if you have a local one, it’s convenient & you’re not paying delivery costs. That’s the cost too in the Cali club shop, so if you’re visiting for other goodies it’s worth remembering your empty bottle for a swap. Anyone know if VIPs get discount on gas?

Where’s “mufkands”?

Last edited:
Go outdoors are £39.99 for a refill, OUCH. Good thing is that if you have a local one, it’s convenient & you’re not paying delivery costs. That’s the cost too in the Cali club shop, so if you’re visiting for other goodies it’s worth remembering your empty bottle for a swap. Anyone know if VIPs get discount on gas?

Where’s “mufkands”?
I paid £34.50 at go about 4 weeks ago ?

I paid £34.50 at go about 4 weeks ago ?
Whoops, sorry it is £34. Just realised the predictive text on iPad my changes it automatically to 39 if I type in 34. Will edit my previous post. Thanks Nick.

Whoops, sorry it is £34. Just realised the predictive text on iPad my changes it automatically to 39 if I type in 34. Will edit my previous post. Thanks Nick.
So, Go Outdoors and the club shop are £34+ for a refill, not £39 as previously stated. Sorry.

This is the second email from Steve at ChorleyBottlegaz about Leisuregaz:

The refill price of the Leisuregaz is determined by the stockist. I am on the understanding that £20 is the norm and knowing what they cost us to buy in , nobody would be doing them any cheaper ;-)

I think that Leisuregaz need to promote the 007 cylinder a lot more and get a lot more stockists nationally for it to survive.

This coming summer will be the crunch time as it was only really launched last summer so its not had a full season yet to get established.

It’s a great idea but as you know Campingaz have a choke hold on that particular type of cylinder I am afraid.

We sold roughly 4 Leisuregaz cylinders last summer to roughly 1500 Campingaz!

We use Adam's gases, they deliver and are cheaper than the local calor centre. Think they have stockists all over the UK.

https://www.adamsgas.co.uk/
Hi Marianna, thanks for sharing that info. I’ve just had a look at their website. Their refills seem to be £37 incl vat, this is slightly more expensive than the Cali shop and go outdoors. Also their stockists map only shows Kent. Did you pay less than £37 and do you live outside of Kent?

Hi Marianna, thanks for sharing that info. I’ve just had a look at their website. Their refills seem to be £37 incl vat, this is slightly more expensive than the Cali shop and go outdoors. Also their stockists map only shows Kent. Did you pay less than £37 and do you live outside of Kent?

Hi Elly,

I've just realised that I was looking at the 904 which is £29, the 907 is £35 delivered to our house in North London, guess it must be a different stockist. Might be worth the extra couple of pounds as they'll deliver.

31 sheets at a boat yard in thorne

Oh and to change the stockist, just add the gas to your order and then you can type in your postcode if you then click on the stockist box you can see a list of stockists.

Hi Elly,

I've just realised that I was looking at the 904 which is £29, the 907 is £35 delivered to our house in North London, guess it must be a different stockist. Might be worth the extra couple of pounds as they'll deliver.
You have to go with what works for you and sometimes delivery or location is a clincher. I pass a go outdoors sometimes on my way home from work, so although they’re expensive it works out not too bad. :)

£32.99 from Bartletts Country Store today. They have 4 stores between Dorset and Devon. They were the cheapest I could find over the counter in my area. It still feels a lot compared to France/Portugal.

Back