Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite Nirvana

sensisuperstar

sensisuperstar

Wibble
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
No, I’m not about to review some fancy spiritual campsite experience. However, what I have had is a very relaxing family holiday in and around South Wales at a site called Cowpots.

Imagine this, a campsite spread over 10+ acres, with hot showers, wash up
area and toilets (wild camping style, so not for the feint hearted)...but the best part...just 10 pitches (2 campervan pitches) spread across the whole site :thumb

69261986-D82E-4DD9-8578-38787FBB7A51.jpeg710F98B8-DDE7-455C-818A-3D9631924F2E.jpeg

It’s fair to say I’m not a fan of being on campsites where we are all pushed together like sardines, so this site (other than the bogs) was my idea of perfection.

We booked our site through the Cool Camping website and Cowpots is part of the Greener Camping scheme. There appears to be quite a few of these low impact sites in South Wales, but only a few in England and I don’t think any of them take campervans.

It really was a great concept, at least 20m between all pitches, each with a fire pit and covered seating area.

What I really want to know is, other than those listed on the Greener Camping website, is there are any other sites like this across the country?

Any tips would be appreciated, otherwise I’m going back to Wales!

Thank you for this recommendation. I am visiting this site during June. Like you say, it’s an interesting and unusual concept .. I can’t wait to try it out.

Have a look at "Nearly Wild Camping". Never used them myself.

The Greener Camping club looks brilliant, just our kind of sites. All we need now is for VW to build us some wheels!

The Greener Camping club looks brilliant, just our kind of sites. All we need now is for VW to build us some wheels!
Thanks, I hadn't heard of it but I have taken a look and it looks perfect for the kind of sites we like!

Lost interest in this lot, no dogs!

On the subject of Nirvana, we always look for adult only. This sadly usually results in caravans and all that goes with those!!

A VW only site would be perfect, as long as there are no kids.

Just me or is the default setting of “ a campsite is your kids playground “ a nightmare?