Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsites that welcome 3 or more dogs

Collieboy

Collieboy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi I'm looking for recommendations for campsites with reasonable shower facilities who welcome 3 or more dogs per pitch, and have either walks on site or from site. I do like to park up and leave van in situ for a few days.

While not perfect they are pretty well behaved and obviously kept on lead etc.
Just finding sites looking to charge £5 per dog per night a little steep.

Any suggestions ?

Most sites I find charge a couple of quid a dog but I find it frustrating when sites charge that and don't provide any facilitities like an exercise area or dog bins.

We have two dogs and have never really been to sites that weren't dog friendly. I tended to find even the sites that didn't really want dogs were the ones who did so by charging an expensive amount for each one. I would consider £5 a dog a rip off personally. ;)

Where abouts are you looking to stay?

I hate that it's so hard to find the info on lots of sites. The ukcampsite search is good for excluding all the dog free places.

I'll get all excited about a place, particularly if it says dog-friendly and then find in minuscule print that it's "one small dog" or as you say, £5 per dog per night. I will need to go camp near Peebles in the future and the site there is dog-free and the Roslin one is max. 2...

Thanks for replies guys. I'm just looking to build a list around the country.
As jay says its so frustrating when you do your research and find a perfect site supposed to be dog friendly but hidden in the t and c there is max 2 dogs per pitch.
In the past I have called the campsite and they will often agree to more but you then suffer from the rule police caravaners!!!!

Blue Hills Touring Park, Trevellas, Cornwall is to be recommended. It has won Dog Friendly awards and asks for charity donation rather than specific charge for dogs. We stayed last year and our collie boy had a fab time - there were others staying with three dogs, so I guess the same this year, but worth checking I suppose. Loads of walks from the site along the coast path to Perranporth or St Agnes and dog friendly beaches. Also, large exercise area on site and the owners even checked that our boy would be ok and not frightened by mower when mowing the pitch next to us. We parked up and stayed there for 4 nights and walked to St Agnes or Perranporth if we needed anything. Lovely site.

Thanks Blue Hills looks fabulous and will certainly be one to visit next time i am in Cornwall
I've also joined the C&MC club but always interested in sites that go the extra mile to accommodate dogs

Back