Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

can someone help

JohnGuppy

JohnGuppy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
How do I find the MPG on the screen in centre of speedo cant seem to find this and was wondering if its turned on in software ?guess you can only check with engine switched off

You use the right hand up and down arrows on the steering, its amongst range, adblu, driving time, oil temp etc.

I know from our Golf, that you can change what is displayed on the driving data screen in the dash through the setting on the radio settings screen...

What is displayed in the centre part of your screen? There are several groups of info- "driving info" (what you're looking for), phone info, radio info, ACC info (if fitted). You have to scroll left and right between these (rhs of steering wheel on my T6 Ocean). When on "driving info", scroll up and down to find mpg

Charles

As @Erbster says above and, if consumption/MPG is showing "--.-", try pressing the "OK" button to flip between current trip consumption/MPG (1) and overall consumption/MPG (2).

Sorry to hijack the thread but on the topic of MFD, is it possible to change the digital speed reading from km/h to mph?

Sorry to hijack the thread but on the topic of MFD, is it possible to change the digital speed reading from km/h to mph?
yes, buts needs programming to switch it to Australia region. Like this..
IMG_4191.jpg

Can be done with VCDS maybe with Carista.

Thanks Loz, that's what searching had come up with. Dealer told.me it could be done via MFD, thought I was being stupid when I couldn't find it.

Can be done with Carista subscription or Obdeleven

Dear all, pls can you offer some advice. I have purchased a Carista and set my 2017 Cali’s settings to Australia, however when now going to the MFD settings the digital speed option is now displayed but is ‘greyed’ out and cannot be selected. Any advice on ricin this please?

Have you unticked Alt Display' in MFD settings menu. This gives a new option in MFD of Digital Speed, tick that and it should work. I think!

Mike

I’ll go and check mine later if that doesn’t work.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Mike,

Thanks for coming back.

I am sat in the Van and the MFD settings found within the ‘MFD Data’ drop down are as follows:-

Travel time
Curr fuel con
Avg fuel consum
Refuel
Distance
Apv Speed
Digital speed (greyed out and cannot be selected)
Oil Temp
Sped warn

Sadly no sight of alt display.

Regards.

Andy

Go to

Settings
Assist systems
Language
Mfd data
Lights & vision
Coasting
Time
Winter tyres
Units
Tyre pressures
Alt speed dis

Untick it

Mike

5DA55970-1823-47A9-83C3-2AE2CFB931B8.jpeg FC62B2F5-F0C7-4E68-ABED-E01FCD1B78A4.png 5DA55970-1823-47A9-83C3-2AE2CFB931B8.jpeg
Go to

Settings
Assist systems
Language
Mfd data
Lights & vision
Coasting
Time
Winter tyres
Units
Tyre pressures
Alt speed dis

Untick it

Mike

thanks Mike, all good now, brilliant support, hugely appreciated.

I owe you a pint

I am trying to have the digital speed in mph displayed on the MFD in my new cali. Does it still need the region to be changed to Australia to achieve this?
Tom

I am trying to have the digital speed in mph displayed on the MFD in my new cali. Does it still need the region to be changed to Australia to achieve this?
Tom
Yes.

Thanks Welsh Gas, as the vehicle is new I am concerned about any warranty implications that could arise from making the change. The reason is simple, I live in Edinburgh which is covered in 20mph zones and they are starting to enforce them.......

Tom,

Thanks Welsh Gas, as the vehicle is new I am concerned about any warranty implications that could arise from making the change. The reason is simple, I live in Edinburgh which is covered in 20mph zones and they are starting to enforce them.......

Tom,
No sure they would even notice, maybe buy yourself a carista, make the change, then change it back before any warranty visit?

No sure they would even notice, maybe buy yourself a carista, make the change, then change it back before any warranty visit?
Loz, nice idea but I am a lost cause when it comes to that kind of thing (and other things too now I come to think of it). I am in touch with the supplying dealer to see if they can help (unlikely) but failing that I might manage to use an offspring to do the deed. I find it strange it is not a UK "option".

Tom

Back