Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Use Carista to change horn to only work with ignition ON

Ocean Wanderer

Ocean Wanderer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Setting off the horn accidentally:
Has anyone else had the embarrassing situation of rotating the drivers seat and on adjusting the backrest finding that it pushes on the horn button?
I am trying to find out how to change it with the Carista app so that the horn only works with the ignition switched on. However, even with the Carista Beta app I cannot find an option to do this. I've seen others mention that they have been able to adapt the horn function....can anyone please advise?

Has anyone else had the embarrassing situation of rotating the drivers seat and on adjusting the backrest finding that it pushes on the horn button?
I am trying to find out how to change it with the Carista app so that the horn only works with the ignition switched on. However, even with the Carista Beta app I cannot find an option to do this. I've seen others mention that they have been able to adapt the horn function....can anyone please advise?
I'm not sure I would want to do this.

I have vcds and doing a google on it, I have found this....

"I have already mentioned this a few times. In fact you need to access "16 - Steering Wheel" module, then go to Long Coding, after that Long Coding Help, then go to Byte 2 and UNtick bit 2 (description says something like "Horn disabled with ignition off". However, this will NOT work on MY2011 car (probably). As far as I have researched, MY2012 and up is needed. I suspect the "09 - Centr. Electr." module need to be coded further to enable this functionality on pre-2012 models. Still, there might be difference between Euro and US. spec modules - you are welcome to try the coding and report back the results! Would appreciate!"

In the details the vehicle was a Golf, but you may want to see if it carries over to the California too. Good luck!

I believe Carista can do this on the T5/6. The T6.1 has different software architecture. Probably will come in time.

Back