Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

can someone help

Loz, nice idea but I am a lost cause when it comes to that kind of thing (and other things too now I come to think of it). I am in touch with the supplying dealer to see if they can help (unlikely) but failing that I might manage to use an offspring to do the deed. I find it strange it is not a UK "option".

Tom
It is an European Vehicle, hence an analogue Speedometer in MPH and a Digital Km Display for the U.K. market.

Couldn’t you just use 32kmh (=20mph)?
Or you could create a conversion table in 10kph increments (using formula above) and stick it to your dashboard. My parents used to do that when they toured on the continent in the late ‘60s. :)

Whilst I’m not sure of the point of it, even if you do change the display to Auz format, it apparently reverts whenever VW do a software update.

You could also use the speed warning in the MFD set it to 20 and then every time it goes off check if you are in a 20 else ignore it...

Or you could create a conversion table in 10kph increments (using formula above) and stick it to your dashboard. My parents used to do that when they toured on the continent in the late ‘60s. :)

Whilst I’m not sure of the point of it, even if you do change the display to Auz format, it apparently reverts whenever VW do a software update.
I have the dashcam on kph readout using its GPS, convenient and far more accurate than the speedo most of the time.

It is an European Vehicle, hence an analogue Speedometer in MPH and a Digital Km Display for the U.K. market.
The digital speed in mph is available on our VW Up and our son has it on his VW Golf GTE so it is available in other VW group products.

The digital speed in mph is available on our VW Up and our son has it on his VW Golf GTE so it is available in other VW group products.
Possibly, but hardly European touring vehicles.

VW should have made it alternate MPH - KPH using the OK button...

Does Carista (or other OBD systems) require subscription or additional payments for using?

Edit - just been Googling Carista - Annual / weekly fees, Bah! It doesn't seem to do much more than what you can do through the cars menu options or using a cheapo wired OBD reader, code info, reset, etc... About the only useful thing I've learnt here is the setting to region for your MPH display.

Last edited:
VW should have made it alternate MPH - KPH using the OK button...

Does Carista (or other OBD systems) require subscription or additional payments for using?

Edit - just been Googling Carista - Annual / weekly fees, Bah! It doesn't seem to do much more than what you can do through the cars menu options or using a cheapo wired OBD reader, code info, reset, etc... About the only useful thing I've learnt here is the setting to region for your MPH display.
Whilst Carista may be an option for some, it is not for me but I would find it useful to have an mph digital speed on MFD.

Back