Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can you leave the zonesleep on the upstairs mattress?

Jody Taylor

Jody Taylor

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi all,

I am sure that this question has been asked (and answered) many times before, but I can not readily find the answer.
I have just bought the zonesleep topper for the upstairs mattress, and was hoping that I could leave it in place when shutting the top. anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance for all the help.

J :rolleyes:

Hi Jody, officially you can't leave it upstairs with the roof down however I do know that some people do leave it place whilst travelling but as I say it is not recommended

We tried it once and at first it looked ok - but on closer examination we realised the roof was not fully down at the back.

Also, if the canvas is wet then would the Zonesleep also get wet/damp or is it waterproof?

The zonesleep is not waterproof WelshGas. It is just a mattress topper, like any other, but you can wash it.
I tried leaving it on the bed and closing the roof. You are right Philcod. There is a gap at the back of the roof, which may not be an issue, but I will err on the side of caution. It's gone in the roof box, until we arrive at our destination. ;)
If the canvass on the roof getting wet is an issue, WelshGas try looking at the Comfortz Leisure website. They do "toppers" that go over the roof to keep you warmer, and it keeps the canvas dry. Then there is no problem with the bed getting wet.

Nick does a replacement mattress for the roof bed that is very slightly
Thinner than the original allowing you to leave the zonesleep in place with the roof down

Already got the Topper, used depending on the weather forecast, but forecasts can be wrong. I've got a waterproof cover on the top mattress so if the canvas should be wet no problem. My comment was directed to wether the Zonesleep was waterproof or with a waterproof cover because if not then could be a bit risky leaving up top with wet canvas folding on it unless of course you put the Topper on everytime.

My other half being a bit OCD, I guess we will put the topper on every time (unless there really is zero chance of rain - like when we are in S of France).
We will see how we go with taking out the topper each time, but I guess we will be knocking at Nicks door again for a thinner mattress soon enough.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Back