Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali T6

@jason.oneill4 Great video of you picking up your Cali!

I'm thinking of getting side bars added to mine (pickup in a few weeks) - were the side bars on yours described as "angled"?

Sorry pressed Post too soon...

I ask because the VW accessories guide has "Polished stainless-steel side rails" which are described as "angled" - which is probably the look that I'd prefer over a "tube". I can't find any photos of the angled ones though so it's hard to know what they'll look like until I get them fitted.

Also - have you had it lowered? Maybe its an optical illusion but the wheel arches look more filled out than standard, unless you're not on 17" wheels?

I ask because the VW accessories guide has "Polished stainless-steel side rails" which are described as "angled" - which is probably the look that I'd prefer over a "tube". I can't find any photos of the angled ones though so it's hard to know what they'll look like until I get them fitted.

Also - have you had it lowered? Maybe its an optical illusion but the wheel arches look more filled out than standard, unless you're not on 17" wheels?
I have orderd the angled side bars they are the new sportline ones

Hi Nick,

I'm not sure if they are angled as we got the stock VW ones fitted. They are curved at the ends and this may mean angled (as opposed to just a straight tube that don't curve under the van). I would describe them as tubular and very rounded. There are varied types but I found using a photo of the ones I wanted and then showed into the VW guy and he did the rest...

The things to watch for are the step types and if they are lit with LED's; neither of which I wanted. I didn't get lowered for insurance reasons. Its on 19" alloys that fill the arch nicely giving a better look (similar to lowering). Hope this helps... J.

To access the roof box, you can use a small "two-step folder ladder", such as this. I used a similar product to load a roof box and a mountain bike onto the roof of a T5. Vehicle was rather tall with a bike up top!

Hello folks...

I have been using the forum for some months now for getting very useful information and tips - thanks to everyone for your contributions! We've been in the process of ordering since early 2015. We ordered in Sept 2015 when VW opened the order book in Ireland and had a 12 week wait (which flew in...).

This is my first post of our new and first Cali (2 weeks old). I'm looking forward to adding to the forum (from an Irish perspective). The video is self explanatory for what we got... Things you can't see: we also got the Dynaudio system fitted. It is excellent...

High points so far: Its just a great piece of kit really and we're still getting used to it.
We already had one sleep over in it - very comfortable! We attended a 10 mile charity run 200km from home and the Cali came in very handy for keeping warm on a very cold day, changing into / out of running gear, eating, relaxing etc.

Low points: I dinged it already...:headbang

Jason

Jason,
I don't believe it. On your first picture the blue Tiguan (Track and Field) was mine.

Chrome sidebars by VW are made so you can get to the jacking points.Same as the ones fitted to Jasons van. This picture was taken at Frank Keane Volkswagen Liffey Vally Dublin.

Back