Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Car tax

O

Ollie913

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi , I’m just about to tax my van , bloody £360!!! I thought my t5 was bad being near the £300 mark . Anybody with a similar confirm this is right as I thought it was a bit cheaper than this , I also thought being a Motor caravan that it was a bit cheaper

Hi , I’m just about to tax my van , bloody £360!!! I thought my t5 was bad being near the £300 mark . Anybody with a similar confirm this is right as I thought it was a bit cheaper than this , I also thought being a Motor caravan that it was a bit cheaper
Might be worth showing your van details, currently you are “just browsing“. Assume it’s a T4?

Probably has M1 and Diesel Car on the V5c, so taxed on CO2 emissions. Doesn't matter if it has Body Type Motor Caravan, still taxed as a car. Upside is you won't pay Commercial vehicle tolls.

Will happily swap you, ours is due end of the month £520

I think ours is around £315 for the year. It’s a 2015 T5.1 140 Manuel.

You guys are lucky, I pay €768,= / £656,= a year here in The Netherlands for a 102 California Event 2002.

The road tax system is crazy and although the government maintain that the least polluting get the best deal so all electric cars are road tax free... Our van is around £315 my bike is around £100 and just got rid of a Mini Cooper D which was zero. It only makes sense to the Government officials that make the rules at the time they make them. Supposedly in 7 and a half years there will be no more new petrol of diesel cars so does that mean all electric cars will be tax free? I don’t think so...

The road tax system is crazy and although the government maintain that the least polluting get the best deal so all electric cars are road tax free... Our van is around £315 my bike is around £100 and just got rid of a Mini Cooper D which was zero. It only makes sense to the Government officials that make the rules at the time they make them. Supposedly in 7 and a half years there will be no more new petrol of diesel cars so does that mean all electric cars will be tax free? I don’t think so...

That’s why pay per mile is on its way…

You guys are lucky, I pay €768,= / £656,= a year here in The Netherlands for a 102 California Event 2002.
Not easy to compare though. Depending on which statistics you believe I'd guess average salaries in The Netherlands are about 60% higher than UK.

Mine was £520 apparently they have added an extra £355. My vehicle is a Cali 204 dsg 68 plate. The reason this has been added is because when new the vehicle was over 40k and you pay this for the first five years. Don’t know how true this is because I haven’t paid it before but the extra £355 is payable every year until 2024 !!! Absolute madness

Mine was £520 apparently they have added an extra £355. My vehicle is a Cali 204 dsg 68 plate. The reason this has been added is because when new the vehicle was over 40k and you pay this for the first five years. Don’t know how true this is because I haven’t paid it before but the extra £355 is payable every year until 2024 !!! Absolute madness
But don’t forget after the 5 years you will pay £165 from then on whereas earlier registered vehicles excluding zero rate vehicles will keep having tax hikes forever or until they become classic but I can even see that changing.....

That’s why pay per mile is on its way…
Pay per mile stinks. Anyone that thinks that is OK is a bell end in my opinion we already pay per mile on fuel duty. People HAVE TO drive where I live. There is no alternative. We don't all live in London with our electric volvos and tube trains.

But your vehicle is registered as M1, Diesel Car rather than a Commercial N1 and after 2024 the Road Tax drops significantly.

Pay per mile stinks. Anyone that thinks that is OK is a bell end in my opinion we already pay per mile on fuel duty. People HAVE TO drive where I live. There is no alternative. We don't all live in London with our electric volvos and tube trains.
When they go to Pay per Mile that will replace Fuel Duty, so ALL vehicles will pay. EV vehicles will also have Road Tax introduced when they stop selling IC vehicles.

Actually this is not the whole story. We pay by weight, fuel type, county and also by co2 emission.
But because it’s a campercar you only pay 25% of the full amount. A normal multivan would cost you a stunning €3,072 or £2,656 per annum.

Mines due in july and will have the extra £355 added, going to pay monthly and SORN in end sept until it rolls over the 5 year anniversary a couple weeks later then see if that saves the extra added!
Not sure how that will work but worth a shot.

Mines due in july and will have the extra £355 added, going to pay monthly and SORN in end sept until it rolls over the 5 year anniversary a couple weeks later then see if that saves the extra added!
Not sure how that will work but worth a shot.
I think you might find, could be wrong, that SORNing the vehicle just suspends the extra payment, not cancel it.

Back