Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravanner of the Year BBC2 Wed 8.00pm

Must be amongst the most tedious programmes ever made.

It wasn't right on any level, and devoid of any real humour.

Why did the couple with one of the camper vans refuse to do the reversal manoeuvre? How the hell did they get to any semi final? What did they have to do to qualify - drive the van in a straight line for 50 yards.

It could have been so much better. Completely ridiculous.

OK so my list is excessive (some would say)!
It is categorised so I can filter/sort into smaller lists...categories like 'Setup list' for those items you need to get when you first get your van...the list can then be checked off when moving everything back out of the spare room into the van for the season.... Yes, I'm a fair weather camper! And my spare room is now empty...amazing how much stuff you can get in a van! A list is essential!:happy
Then a category for food shopping, one for what to remember if going on longer trips eg big shampoo bottles in place of 'acquired' hotel mini sized ones!
Arrival/departure checklists, info lists eg club numbers and details of VW Assist, lists of 'considerations' eg shampoo bottle is ok for 12 nights! Stores lists, packing lists and turnaround lists...I won't go on....you get the picture....dare I say it but I love lists....and spreadsheets...I am the butt of many a joke at work....a spreadsheet for everything!:)
PS I then colour code the ticking off......oh my dear, no wonder I'm always the last to arrive or get going.....as demonstrated this weekend in Eskdale!

I'm really curious too! I use Google Keep for lists of all sorts of stuff but this looks like another level altogether!!
Google Keep...now that might be interesting......! Off I go to study lists again...!

The good thing about Google Keep is that it syncs across all your devices (I know it's not rocket science but many I tried struggled) so as soon as you remember you need to add something to a list, you can do it on whatever device you have to hand..... Rather than making paper lists of things you need to add to your main list when you are next on your laptop.....

For me a big benefit of Google Keep is that you can share lists with others, so in our house we have shared shopping lists etc

I only have 1 list for the California -

Replace Dirty Clothes on return home.
Replace any Tinned, Bottled or Packet food used on trip
Empty Water and Waste tank on return Home

Fill Water tank before leaving home.

Apparently the CC thought it had been wonderfully received judging by a reply to a member complaint published this morning.

I'm sure most are like me, whether caravanner, campervanner or motorhomer, the CC is a company providing services in the leisure industry sector and as long as those services are competitive in both quality and price then being associated with a piece of buffoonery turned into bad television is neither here nor there.

I do feel for the people though to whom it is more, to whom it is very much a club providing organised weekends away that is part of their life and leisure. To be associated with such a crass 1950's "Carry-on caravanning" presentation of the hobby caravanner must be excruciating.

As a newcomer to owning a motor home I've been wondering whether to join the Caravan Club or the Camping and Caravan Club, this program has at least solved that problem.

As a newcomer to owning a motor home I've been wondering whether to join the Caravan Club or the Camping and Caravan Club, this program has at least solved that problem.
Which one then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a newcomer to owning a motor home I've been wondering whether to join the Caravan Club or
Referring to your Cali as a motor home will lose you more friends than admitting you are a member of the Caravan Club (from someone who's Cali has a plumbed-in toilet......)

I just thought that it was cringeingly bad, but each to their own I suppose.

Both Clubs have their advantages and disadvantages. I use both because they have sites where I wish to go. Saved a fortune by using the CC site at Crystal Palace, London.

As with the gassy one, I use both.

The shambles of carry-on camping has nothing to do with the general excellence of both set of club sites or the enormous network of 5 van sites. As a bonus the CC card gets me 50% off the M6 toll, invaluable for the amount of times that I have had to trundle "up norf" in the last 12 months,

OK so my list is excessive (some would say)!
It is categorised so I can filter/sort into smaller lists...categories like 'Setup list' for those items you need to get when you first get your van...the list can then be checked off when moving everything back out of the spare room into the van for the season.... Yes, I'm a fair weather camper! And my spare room is now empty...amazing how much stuff you can get in a van! A list is essential!:happy
Then a category for food shopping, one for what to remember if going on longer trips eg big shampoo bottles in place of 'acquired' hotel mini sized ones!
Arrival/departure checklists, info lists eg club numbers and details of VW Assist, lists of 'considerations' eg shampoo bottle is ok for 12 nights! Stores lists, packing lists and turnaround lists...I won't go on....you get the picture....dare I say it but I love lists....and spreadsheets...I am the butt of many a joke at work....a spreadsheet for everything!:)
PS I then colour code the ticking off......oh my dear, no wonder I'm always the last to arrive or get going.....as demonstrated this weekend in Eskdale!
Chill Dottie :) You are allowed to buy stuff from shops whilst away. :thumb

Referring to your Cali as a motor home will lose you more friends than admitting you are a member of the Caravan Club (from someone who's Cali has a plumbed-in toilet......)
Hmm... Having had the privelige (spelling?) of a wee tour in Eskdale, I would say more like a Cali with en-suite!

I actually had a good old chuckle!
but give me 5 mins to wind out awning, swivel chairs and open the wine in the Cali any day!

I hope you haven't been put off...the club sites are really good....and there's all sorts of campers! I agree the programme made out that we're all the same....not true!

Tests were too easy. They should have sent them over the Hardknott Pass :D

(on a busy weekend .... ;))

and quickest time to swivel a Cali drivers seat :Nailbiting
Or remove and replace the rear parcel shelf without the plastic thingy on the right falling off :confused:

I can't but help go past a caravan repair yard without looking for a bloke wearing white gloves carrying bits of a back end of a caravan.