Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravanner of the Year BBC2 Wed 8.00pm

Recorded

Mike

Last edited:
good to see some campervans in the final, anyone else watching?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just watched someone getting thoroughly fed up with her male half being typically male half and it has brought back so many nightmares that I have had an attack of the vapours.

I have had to retreat to my armchair, television off, soft music on, glass of wine in hand and trying to rid myself of the noises in the ears ....

"right hand down... left ...left... too far!! Right... er.... BACK! FORWARD!.... what are you doing!!!...........

Sausage :shocked

By now it would be a ham hock where it was painful to retrieve!

Bit of a giggle.

No campervans through to the final... shocked! (Not really). Our money is on the experienced caravanner.

Just having a chuckle about her list....I am inflicted with the same ailment...mine's 10 pages long + iPhone notes + notebook for on the road note taking! Out for the first time last weekend...by the end of the season the list will be very colourful...and longer! :bananadanceimage.jpeg

But we got through with wifi and utube packing the quecha on sunday evening :thumb
Just having a chuckle about her list....I am inflicted with the same ailment...mine's 10 pages long + iPhone notes + notebook for on the road note taking! Out for the first time last weekend...by the end of the season the list will be very colourful...and longer! :bananadanceView attachment 13417
u

Just having a chuckle about her list....I am inflicted with the same ailment...mine's 10 pages long + iPhone notes + notebook for on the road note taking! Out for the first time last weekend...by the end of the season the list will be very colourful...and longer! :bananadanceView attachment 13417
Don't get me wrong, I like lists, well I REALLY like lists.
I have lists in my phone, lots of them.
But Just out of curiosity though, what on earth is on those lists?!
I do a packing list, in a spreadsheet to make sure we don't forget to put walking sox in etc...

Is it just me or did it seem like the producers set out to make them look a bit foolish "stereotypical" couples and not the lovely people I'm sure they are?

Also I don't think they should have a challenge the people "judging" are unable to do it themselves, now maybe that is just me. :headbang

As Brucie would say "didn't she do well" considering she was so nervous driving that motor home ! :thumb

Got to say the format was ridiculous and you can edit these things to make them appear how you like. Not good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, I like lists, well I REALLY like lists.
I have lists in my phone, lots of them.
But Just out of curiosity though, what on earth is on those lists?!
I do a packing list, in a spreadsheet to make sure we don't forget to put walking sox in etc...

I'm really curious too! I use Google Keep for lists of all sorts of stuff but this looks like another level altogether!!

A quite professional effort dottie!

I don't keep any lists :oops:

I have separate bags for separate groups and just check periodically that each is topped up with the right assortment for the next few planned trips,

What a waste of licence payers money this programme was,this was not even worthy of daytime TV let alone prime time! I think anyone that is not into camping who watched it will be put off for life, however I will say the caravanners in this programme were very typical of the caravan owners I have met in the past. It was good that the campervan owners were the normal ones.

Even more cringingly amusing than the programme itself is the response on the CC forum this morning.

About 400 posts, mostly all shades of invective towards the organisers, namely the CC Chairman and his fellow committee members.

Best part seeing cc chairman ripping lower back end off his own caravan nice one!