Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carfest - Marco Polo and Peugeot

Kenb17

Kenb17

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Good morning,
Just gathering my thoughts after a late night at carfest south. A good day in lots of ways and a chance to look at the Marco Polo, does look a class act, very similiar layout to the Cali even with right hand door, chatting to the rep very much a copy. Storage of table and chairs takes up half the space below the mattress extender though. The conversation naturally turned to California comparison and MB claiming to be the new kid on the block. Nice touch, Velcro curtain for (electric) back door for shower privacy (shower attachment included)

A real surprise though was a Peugeot camper, hadn't realised that existed. A quick look reveals a similiar layout but with sliding doors both sides, access via left and door and right and door opens to see back of kitchen and water inlet. I am sure someone will be able to provide a review in due course.

I walked away reckoning the Cali is best for us and will remain the one to measure up against.

Cheers
Ken

I've just got back too and took the opportunity to check out the competition. Whilst the MP did look nice, for me, the Cali edges if just for the chair storage alone. The chairs in the MP took up loads of room.

Also saw these @Kenb17

MB rep quite understandably keeping a watchful eye on her lovely new vehicle being invaded!

I think the Peugeot camper is a conversion which is done for Peugeot rather than by them. It isn't available yet but put my name down for details when they are released. Pricing is good on it at I think it was £42k for that top of the range. Another alternative.

We're just back too and also had chance to look at both vehicles.

MP looked stylish with the chrome sink and corner taps and modern shiny facia to the cupboards. Couldn't agree more on the table and chairs taking up so much space in the back but did like the shower curtain from the open rear door. Small thing but having one cover over both the electric hook up and water inlet did make it a cleaner look. The rear seat was two proper seats although brought forward as one unit. It also could be slightly inflated for a more comfort sleep.

For me the Peugeot was also a surprise but a poor imitation. Not a great finish. Couldn't see the point of two side doors nor placing the safe at the end of the kitchen unit hence losing cupboard space. We were told the model on show was £57k.

The Cali still wins it for me.