Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marco Polo or California

• Thread starter Energy of the universe
  • Start date
I did a comperison of the three options.
I was lucky to find an dealer who rensting out and selling the VW Califorina, The Ford Nugget (Normal and the Plus) and the Marco Polo.
To my liking from the outside I liked it.
But once inside I ran away screaming. I have 2 kids (5 and 13).
If I have to use it as an Daily driver the VW wins Hands down on all checklists for me.
If I had to look at the Price I must say I would go for the Nugget Plus (Only cause it comes with the Toilet built in and bigger and better storage lockers and is still cheaper then a Cali)
The Merc I seriously have my douts.
Thera are to many negative points in use (The Top canvas lets to much light trough when camping, No posibiluty to get something out the cuboars when the bed is down, to much electric stuff in the rear bench. The automaic pump th o make then in to seats en you have to let air out for the bed (even then it still is very discomfortable to lay on.) The list just keeps on comming. And the Blody thing is hughly expensive here (start price for a decent one 110.000€ ??)
You still find the it is cheaper? I would suggest you have a good look around and maybe you will rethink.

Not to make an advertisment but that was Viavie in Leuven, Belgium.
OK, not the same company then but a similar setup with models from all the big names VW, Ford, MB, Renault etc. This makes window shopping so much easier when its all under one roof.

We have a Marco Polo, friends have a California and all love them. We use ours as a daily drive, both have pros and cons. Lower bed in Merc is slightly narrower but cupboards deeper, drive is better. Split tailgate. VW blinds are a tighter fit, table storage is handy. Opening front to pop top is nice. Both are under 2 metres. Worth watching the video linked by Jimmy. We looked at the Ford nugget with toilet but height was over 2 metres and didn’t have boot space due to the layout.

err, mine was black leather with a carbon fibre dash, but whatever

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Just checked out the black edition MP. Very nice indeed.

New member here.
Looking at California Ocean and Marco Polo Sport to buy. I’m surprised to see that the Marco Polo seems cheaper and better equipped with Leather, Westfalia furniture, automatic transmission, cruise, heated seats, nice alloys, and other things plus no cam belt or egr issues.

I’m pretty torn because I went into this assuming that I was going with a VW. But I’m very surprised that the merc is much better valua and seems to drive better too.

Will keep you posted!
Having owned our Coast for nearly two years I’m won over by our choice of VW. It does what it says on the tin (unquote). We find the drive perfectly fine having done a few European trips and at the end of the day it’s a great camper which was the most important consideration over quality of the drive

New member here.
Looking at California Ocean and Marco Polo Sport to buy. I’m surprised to see that the Marco Polo seems cheaper and better equipped with Leather, Westfalia furniture, automatic transmission, cruise, heated seats, nice alloys, and other things plus no cam belt or egr issues.

I’m pretty torn because I went into this assuming that I was going with a VW. But I’m very surprised that the merc is much better valua and seems to drive better too.

Will keep you posted!
What did you do in the end? How do the residuals work on the MP vs Cali (£400/yr)

Back