Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carfest South 2019

RJL1

RJL1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We are off to Carfest this weekend, never been before and hoping some people can give us some hints and tips.

Also is this a new rule regarding no glass bottles in the campsite?

Thanks Rod & Jan

I've been three times and each time with the splittie to be on show. It's a right royal pain in the arse "making camp" each evening then "breaking camp" again in the morning often too early to make food, navigating through the other campers to get to the display section. On a positive note it gets us back stage passes for everything. We were always told to remove any wine bottles before entering the camp site and to decant into plastic bottles.
My Top tip is to have a go at the rally or driving school and take your own food. Burgers and the like are silly money!

We go every year displaying husbands buses (as in Routemaster bus not VW bus!) in Vintage Village. If anyone sees them please do come and say hello - we will be based in the green single decker 'Merlin' parked next to the routemaster RM1033.
Agree with @DrJuanKerr that the food is very expensive. Never camped as we only live down the road but the day parking is a very long way from the main site. The area in front of the stage also gets very very busy. People reserve areas from early in the day so take your chair with you if it important to you to be close to the music.
One of the routemasters is going on the 'Parade' on Sunday driven by my eldest (27) son so give us a wave!