Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cascavel wheel weight

Yes there’s a definite pattern emerging ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

......repeat.......Bling beats brains. :confused:

Fitted 20s and bilstien b14 coilovers to my last 2015 Kombi, as picture above
Fitted 20s and h&r coilovers to my first California in 08 I owned the Cali for 3 years
No issues at all
255 35s on the Cali
265 35s on the Kombi
Never had a problem with rubbing?
Or ride quality
The ride was great on both vans
Yep it's not sloppy soft it's firmer but a nice firmer. No roll but still a soft nice ride

I had 20 inch wheels on my recently sold kombi, looked great but the ride was shocking. Pirelli zero 35 tyres for 10k miles, then tried 40 tyres but still a poor ride and they rubbed on full lock.

Back to 18 inch wheels now on my Beach much better ride.

View attachment 27103
Stunning looking van buddy
How do you go on with the warranty after fitting b14s to such a new van??

Fitted 20s and bilstien b14 coilovers to my last 2015 Kombi, as picture above
Fitted 20s and h&r coilovers to my first California in 08 I owned the Cali for 3 years
No issues at all
255 35s on the Cali
265 35s on the Kombi
Never had a problem with rubbing?
Or ride quality
The ride was great on both vans
Yep it's not sloppy soft it's firmer but a nice firmer. No roll but still a soft nice ride
But where did you drive it?

Stunning looking van buddy
How do you go on with the warranty after fitting b14s to such a new van??
Hi
I put the Beach in for the recall back in July nothing was said re the suspension, I have used them for over 9 years tho with my previous 5 x T5.

Kev

But where did you drive it?
Everywhere you would normally drive a camper .
It was my daily driver and our camper,
All over France many times,,all round the uk.
No limitations,the Cairngorms a fair few times mid winter,I'm not saying it would suit a 4motion that you would drive to isolated muddy places up mountains but you can get everywhere that standard rims and suspension can get ..
Each to there own

Hi, I’ve searched but to no avail so maybe someone knows ... How much does a 17” Cascavel wheel weigh?
If my wife sees this question she will definitely divorce me!

Did you ever find the weight? Thought I saw the weight on a post that WG put up on the suspension or lowering thread. Today.

Did you ever find the weight? Thought I saw the weight on a post that WG put up on the suspension or lowering thread. Today.

Hi Teejay1, no I didn’t find it. Will go look for the WG thread now. Thanks for the heads up. Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi kevthegas,
I have a 2015 beach currently with sportline springs and 18 inch wheels and really tempted to change to a set of b14 coilovers and seeing your Cali I think I'm going to go for it.
Did you drop the b14's by 70mm all-round and if so how does the rear springs cope when laden with camping gear etc, do you have to reduce the rear ride height when gong on long trips.
Cheers Steve

Hi Steve,
My ride height is 375 mm front and rear, no rubbing at all with 255/45/18 tyres.
(Centre of wheel to top of wheel arch)
The ride height was not altered for our 3 week holiday last year, 5 people, 2 bikes, awning and loads of stuff.

The mudflaps scraped no more than normal over silly speed humps, handling this year was far superior over the same trip last year with 6 traveling on standard suspension.

I have had T5/6 for 9 years now, ( 5 in total) all high spec Caravelle Exec, Kombi Highline ect and the Bilstein B14 by far is the best suspension set up I have had fitted. Hr -40 is shocking.

Kev.

Have a look at
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/bilstein-b14-fitted-but-i’m-a-bit-miffed.22013/#post-251987

So tempted to fit them to my ocean .
Had them on my Kombi b14s are sooo good.
It’s just the warranty that bothers me especially as I just payed to extend it too.

T5/6 suspension known faults are Top mounts and drop links.

They fail on van/ Caravelles and Californias with standard suspension. ( I have had this on my Kombi and Caravelle)

If a Vw dealer refused a repair on these items saying B14 coil overs caused the fault would be very poor on there side.

Kev

Hi Kev,

Thanks that makes sense, I have also been looking at the b12 option with -50 h&r springs, so did you consider these before the b14 coilovers? But from all the reviews the b14's tick all the boxes and I feel they are the right choice with great looking results.

Also have you by any chance upgraded the brakes on yours or does the t6 version of the beach have the 180 front calipers, as the t5 beach standard version could do with an upgrade.

Cheers Steve

Fitted the b14's now on my Cali beach, still got my standard sportline 18inch wheels on it and will be going for some 20s shortly but I have to say the ride is far superior compared to the sportline springs I had fitted before.

Another thumbs up for bilstein b14 coilovers.

Back