Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central control screen

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
The cali was a 2010 5.1 post facelift.
My question is the borrowed cali in new zealand control panel stayed lit up 24/7 is this normal for this model?
I have a 2010 T5.1. My first display lit up from the moment you turned it on. After a couple of seconds, the backlight turned down, but the display was still lit up. This was annoying when sleeping downstairs.
When the rotary knob broke down on me, I bought a second hand display with index C. This display goes black after a couple of seconds and is much better for sleeping downstairs, but not for looking at it while driving or when stationary.

So to answer your question: yes, it's normal.

jts46

jts46

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I have a 2010 T5.1. My first display lit up from the moment you turned it on. After a couple of seconds, the backlight turned down, but the display was still lit up. This was annoying when sleeping downstairs.
When the rotary knob broke down on me, I bought a second hand display with index C. This display goes black after a couple of seconds and is much better for sleeping downstairs, but not for looking at it while driving or when stationary.

So to answer your question: yes, it's normal.
thanks for the reply

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Just got back from New Zealand touring north and south islands. You have all heard of house exchange well we did a cali exchange they borrowed my cali in england and we borrowed their cali in newzealand.
The cali was a 2010 5.1 post facelift.
My question is the borrowed cali in new zealand control panel stayed lit up 24/7 is this normal for this model?
I think it is.