Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central control screen

J

Justinholland72

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi

We've just bought a new 69 plate t6 Ocean. The central control screen resets every time we restart the van. Do you have to set the language to English from German and set the clock.

It says that the leisure batteries are charging from the alternator.

I'm sure it's something really simple like they are not connected when you first but the vehicle. Actually what does power the screen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Justin

Control panel shouldn’t need reseting every time you start up. If you’ve set it to English and set the time that should be set until you override it via the controls. The alternator indicator is as you’d expect if the engine is running.

Put on the panel. Keep your eye on the panel and switch your ignition off. If the panel is dead, there is something wrong with the constant 12V supply to the panel. Or in worst case, the panel itself.

Put on the panel. Keep your eye on the panel and switch your ignition off. If the panel is dead, there is something wrong with the constant 12V supply to the panel. Or in worst case, the panel itself.
thank you, is that in the fuse box under the passenger seat?

The unit has 2 fuses, one under the passenger seat and the other behind the bottle holder.
Check under the seat first as it sounds like the ignition fuse is okay.
Your fuses under the seat should look like this (although some blocks can be rearranged, the fuse size will be the same)

T6_Ocean_Fuses.png

The unit has 2 fuses, one under the passenger seat and the other behind the bottle holder.
Your fuses under the seat should look like this (although some blocks can be rearranged, the fuse size will be the same)

View attachment 56483
sounds like it's a bit of a nightmare to access the box under the front seat?

View attachment 56483
Hi I spun the seat through 90 degrees so could access from outside, rear of seat facing the door opening. The AUX Air Heater fuse is nearest me and that whole block up the 3 blue fuses. Battery fuse beyond that. Then the others are laid out essentially to the top right of your photo. Are this magenta pink things release clips for the fuse blocks? So could pop out with a screwdriver and swap the fuse over?
IMG_20200324_164802.jpg

Hi I spun the seat through 90 degrees so could access from outside, rear of seat facing the door opening. The AUX Air Heater fuse is nearest me and that whole block up the 3 blue fuses. Battery fuse beyond that. Then the others are laid out essentially to the top right of your photo. Are this magenta pink things release clips for the fuse blocks? So could pop out with a screwdriver and swap the fuse over?
View attachment 56485
Not sure myself. I just checked/ replaced fuses from above. There was/is a Fuse forceps in the fuse box in the centre of the dashboard behind the bottle holder on the T6.

Not sure myself. I just checked/ replaced fuses from above. There was/is a Fuse forceps in the fuse box in the centre of the dashboard behind the bottle holder on the T6.
did you have to take the seat out for access?

did you have to take the seat out for access?
sorry was reading the threads and sounded like a mare for access. It was easy, just tile seat forward and push back as far as will go. Fuses fine so may be the actual control unit. It's under warranty from VW so they'll have to sort!

Just got back from New Zealand touring north and south islands. You have all heard of house exchange well we did a cali exchange they borrowed my cali in england and we borrowed their cali in newzealand.
The cali was a 2010 5.1 post facelift.
My question is the borrowed cali in new zealand control panel stayed lit up 24/7 is this normal for this model?

My question is the borrowed cali in new zealand control panel stayed lit up 24/7 is this normal for this model?
I have a 2010 T5.1. My first display lit up from the moment you turned it on. After a couple of seconds, the backlight turned down, but the display was still lit up. This was annoying when sleeping downstairs.
When the rotary knob broke down on me, I bought a second hand display with index C. This display goes black after a couple of seconds and is much better for sleeping downstairs, but not for looking at it while driving or when stationary.

So to answer your question: yes, it's normal.

I have a 2010 T5.1. My first display lit up from the moment you turned it on. After a couple of seconds, the backlight turned down, but the display was still lit up. This was annoying when sleeping downstairs.
When the rotary knob broke down on me, I bought a second hand display with index C. This display goes black after a couple of seconds and is much better for sleeping downstairs, but not for looking at it while driving or when stationary.

So to answer your question: yes, it's normal.
thanks for the reply

Just got back from New Zealand touring north and south islands. You have all heard of house exchange well we did a cali exchange they borrowed my cali in england and we borrowed their cali in newzealand.
I think it is.