Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changing location flag

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Could someone let me know how to change my flag please? It did show the union jack but for no apparent reason I now seem to have become a US citizen :(

I think it comes from your IP address. So either you are in America or your ISP is confused? :)

My ISP must be very confused because one moment I was logging in from Basingstoke and the next from the USA!
I have seen the moderators asking people if they are happy to have Union Jack flags on their avatar so perhaps someone could change it for me please?

My ISP must be very confused because one moment I was logging in from Basingstoke and the next from the USA!
I have seen the moderators asking people if they are happy to have Union Jack flags on their avatar so perhaps someone could change it for me please?

It's because either you or your ISP is using a proxy. I can change mine at will (using a VPN). Admin will more than likely have no influence in the matter.

:)

I have the same problem, I'm in the UK, never logged on from the USA

My ISP is Plusnet, any one else who has a become American with Plusnet ( aka BT)

Another thought, ISP can not route via USA or IP Address can not be non UK , as I can access BBC IPlayer which is Geo restricted to UK only

I have the same problem, I'm in the UK, never logged on from the USA

My ISP is Plusnet, any one else who has a become American with Plusnet ( aka BT)

Yep plusnet for me! Glad I'm not the only one....

Plusnet (BT) make have acquired a new block of IP address and the change has not yet been reflected in the lookups

Plusnet (BT) make have acquired a new block of IP address and the change has not yet been reflected in the lookups

And @Loz U might be from another universe (or in some sort of digital transit) … you dont even have a flag on the avatar ;-)

Skærmbillede 2016-08-30 22.26.55.png

I am out of flag myself … see you on the other side

EDIT: Got my flag back - continue reading

Last edited:
Showing your country browsing from is a option you can switch off in your personal preferences

Showing your country browsing from is a option you can switch off in your personal preferences

Thanks! Mine was on, but now turned of. Never touched a thing, but now I am back in business ;-)

GOTO: Personal settings > Edit your privacy settings > check: View the flag for the country you are in

Still strange for @GillianC and @Cali Ali that they has become Americans …

Bingo! I have now disabled the flag and have discovered a whole load of settings I didn't know existed!
Thanks HC and Kmann.
Might try turning it on in a bit and who knows, I might be a different nationality again

Back