Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Afternoon Meet in Dorset November- Location TBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a satellite, you can see all three car parks
And there is space out of season, as long as we don't choose half term or boot sale week.
Lovely coast, Lots of interesting cafes, Rachel's does amazing cheap , outside seafood. And Arthur's does amazing , expensive, inside seafood
And tons of very cheap fish and chips

Good idea Jon, I guess if we all park at the far end we should virtually have it to ourselves as most people tend to park up the end where the toilets are.

There shouldn’t be too many there in November

I may join you if the meet is in the second half of November and non-locals are welcomed :)
This will blow the cobwebs out of the Cali before the winter sets in.

Count me in for this .I will definately be there if i'm able.

Good idea Jon, I guess if we all park at the far end we should virtually have it to ourselves as most people tend to park up the end where the toilets are.
Do any of the bridport members want to pop down to west bay, to check out prices and the stay over car park ??
Or I can go there, on my daughters driving lesson and let you know?

Hi is there a date yet and confirmed location as we would come over from Hampshire,date depending

Us too as 28th October now out for us, would really love to meet others especially as so new to all this - thanks

I think this will be mid November now, @CYCLOPATH is taking a drive down to the car park to check things out at West Bay.

As soon as we hear back we will set a date

I think this will be mid November now, @CYCLOPATH is taking a drive down to the car park to check things out at West Bay.

As soon as we hear back we will set a date
Hi, sorry, didnt realise I was defo booked to do that.
Ok, I will ride down tomorrow, Wednesday , and check it out, and let you know in the evening.

Hi, sorry, didnt realise I was defo booked to do that.
Ok, I will ride down tomorrow, Wednesday , and check it out, and let you know in the evening.

If it's inconvenient then I can go there Thursday. I am due in Dorset Thursday evening.

If it's inconvenient then I can go there Thursday. I am due in Dorset Thursday evening.
If you are going Jen, and it isn't off your path, then that would be great. It is only. 25 mile round trip for me though, if it puts you out of your way.
Do you know the car parks we mean, not only the big one on the left at the mini roundabout as you enter west bay,
That is for the daytime meet, but also the one on the other side of the ex railway line, that you can walk to by going past the toilets In th first car park. I am sure you can sleep overnight there, but best to check the price and if there are any seasonal variations.
Are you going to be there for the meet??
..Jon

I have to be in Poole Friday morning so was going to overnight at Wimbourne. To toddle off to West bay is only about a 60 mile round trip, traffic permitting.

As for the meet, I am currently taking each week as it comes although some sense of light at the end of a chaotic family tunnel is appearing. The 11th November of course is out for me, I will be at Ypres.

I have to be in Poole Friday morning so was going to overnight at Wimbourne. To toddle off to West bay is only about a 60 mile round trip, traffic permitting.

As for the meet, I am currently taking each week as it comes although some sense of light at the end of a chaotic family tunnel is appearing. The 11th November of course is out for me, I will be at Ypres.
That's loads more driving for you then, and you will have driven down here to .also that road over the askers, or up abbotsbury can be quite wild if it is windy.
I will go tommorrow.....

ok, don't mind the driving so if I can help anytime just yell. I was going A35.

Right.
There is a car boot in west bay every Sunday till the end of November, so it will have to be a Saturday if we go there, if there are more than a few vans.
And , although there were vans obviously parked up for the night, as there has been before, the sign clearly states no sleeping in the van, though free to park overnight

The car boot is in the big car park on the left as you come into the town .that is half grass, half tarmac.
There is thén thé car park below this, by the toilets, that fills up at week ends.
Both had a no motorhomes sign, but that was big vans( though one was parked there )
The car park the other side of the loos, by the railway carriage did allow motorhomes, but all three stated no overnight sleeping.
There is the parking on the sea front, on the stones, and the far end of town, but we really couldn't expect to get vans together there, if we do. It all arrive very early

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Seems to me we've chewed this over quite a lot so I'm going to make a suggestion.

West Bay Rd car park (that's the big one on the left as you go in) on Saturday (to avoid the boot sale) 18th November.

What do you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.