Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Afternoon Meet in Dorset November- Location TBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to Burton Bradstock last Sunday for the day - arrived at about 9.00am and there were several motor homes parked at the front of the car park with blinds drawn - reckon they had been there all night.

We went to Burton Bradstock last Sunday for the day - arrived at about 9.00am and there were several motor homes parked at the front of the car park with blinds drawn - reckon they had been there all night.

Was this the NT car park at Hive Beach?

And do you remember how much it was to park there? I know the NT car parks (or some of them) are cheaper in winter.

Last edited:
Dorset, 28th October.....any more detail?

Dorset, 28th October.....any more detail?

That's what this discussion is about - so that everyone can either suggest somewhere or agree with suggestion/s already put forward.

That's what this discussion is about - so that everyone can either suggest somewhere or agree with suggestion/s already put forward.
Okey Dokey. I live just north of Birmingham and was hoping that a local was full of ideas about staying over. I'll put some brain (small) power to this tomorrow.

I've just noticed that the thread is titled 'Afternoon meet in November' but the first post mentions 28 October!

So we need to define not only the location but the date - for your attention @Martin

I have heard they a booking people at night someone I know pulled blinds and was fishing and they got a ticket for sleeping in van, it was art 02:00 in the morning.

And do you remember how much it was to park there? I know the NT car parks (or some of them) are cheaper in winter.

I think there is a field behind the cafe which is used as a car park as well as the NT one. ÂŁ6.00 a day from memory. I don't know how much the NT one is.

I think there is a field behind the cafe which is used as a car park as well as the NT one. ÂŁ6.00 a day from memory. I don't know how much the NT one is.

The field at the Hive is only open in the Summer.

The thing I've struggled with around Bridport is the local pubs have little to no car park, the NT car parks are often small and busy, dont always have facilities, and there would be a charge for those that aren't members. I've been a bit mad with work of late, but I'm hoping to have a chat with the Manor House in West Bexington:
http://www.manorhoteldorset.com

I don't know the area out North or East past Dorchester very well, so don't know what options we might have out that way...

In terms of camp sites, there's plenty to choose from around here, the biggest problem is the site for the meet.

Oh, and just for another spanner in the works, the only weekend I'm available is the 18th/19th November. But happy to help in any way I can if the meet is any other weekend...

Have you tried Burton Freshwater, they have space and a campsite, at that time of year it might be possible.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Have you tried Burton Freshwater, they have space and a campsite, at that time of year it might be possible.
Big car park at Charmouth near the sea front, cheap and likely to be fairly quite in November, excellent camp sites nearby.

Dorset sounds good.... Will try to come up with an idea for a location

Any of those locations work great for us - as Dorset residents with Burton Bradstock our nearest coast!

There's a charge for parking if not a member though...
The car park is open dawn to dusk all year and the charge is ÂŁ6 for the whole day but free to NT members

The NT site at Burton Bradstock is excellent and the Hive cafe a real joy. We stayed last summer at Graston Copse but it is seasonal and is now closed. If you want a better pic of the Hive beach NT car park then have a look on the Graston Copse site as it is there background picture and gives you a good view.

Has the date of the meet been confirmed/agreed? The title of the thread mentions November but Jabberwocky mentioned 28th October. I'd like to come down if I am free on the day.

Yes it was the car park at Hive Beach. We're NT members so parked for free - I'm not sure of the cost for non members.

Has the date of the meet been confirmed/agreed? The title of the thread mentions November but Jabberwocky mentioned 28th October. I'd like to come down if I am free on the day.

We would be interesting in travelling down from Bristol but need to know a date?

Not Dorset but West Wittering may be good one day. As you lot keep booking times when I am otherwise engaged then probably I should organise it :shocked

IMG_2800.PNG IMG_2799.PNG
I think we need a bigger car park, any ideas anyone?
Martin
Just had a great idea
What about west bay.
There is a great big car park on the left as you come in.
It has a car boot sale once a month, so, not that week , of course.
And I am pretty sure the other car park, at the end of the railway line, you can stay overnight, so those of us, like me, who would like to sleep over, can go there
And they infact , almost communicate....with a loo inbetween
This is two pics of two halves of it.....but there is also the other overnight side

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.