Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changing the leisure batteries, anything special I need to consider?

piddi

piddi

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
So I bought two new batteries for my T5 2007 Cali, and plan to put them in myself.

Is there anything in particular I need to consider, like things to be unhooked or specific sequence things should be done in?

Thanks!

I've not done this but I think you will need to remove the front passenger seat. If you do don't turn the ignition on as it will cause a check of the air bag and it will generate a fault. You will then either need special equipment or a trip to a dealer to remove the fault and associated bong noise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just make sure the control panel is switched of. Otherwise straight forward.
You have to remove the seat. There is a bolt in each corner. In my car 13 mm hex nut in the front and XZN 8 bit (?) in the rear. Move the seat to its front position and carefully lift the seat an inch or two to lift it clear. Then move the seat 10 cm forward. You don't need to remove the seat completely because there is wiring underneath to seat heater etc. Now you have all the room that you need. Plastic cover in the back, near the floor just pops of. 13 mm bolt holding the battery.

The second battery under the wardrobe is easier.

To remove the rear Leisure Battery I found using a broad blade wallpaper/paint scraper to ease the battery over the bottom lip made life a lot easier.

I've not done this but I think you will need to remove the front passenger seat. If you do don't turn the ignition on as it will cause a check of the air bag and it will generate a fault. You will then either need special equipment or a trip to a dealer to remove the fault and associated bong noise.

Is it still the passenger seat in a left hand drive?

Lett hand drive has the batteri under the driver seat. Under the left front seat to be fully clear. My calli is left hand drive :)

Reactions: Sad
To remove the rear Leisure Battery I found using a broad blade wallpaper/paint scraper to ease the battery over the bottom lip made life a lot easier.

That is a great tip! I saw it in an earlier post of yours and used it when fitting my solar charging system last week. I'm not sure I would have figured it out otherwise. :thanks

Ah solar fitting, how did that go? What system?

Solar Camper Solutions. Roger is a member on here. Great guy, great service. Pulled out all the stops to make sure I got my last minute order delivered in time for my weekend away at BSB. Dead easy to fit particularly with WG's battery extraction tip!

Thanks a lot guys, you rock:bananadance2

That is a great tip! I saw it in an earlier post of yours and used it when fitting my solar charging system last week. I'm not sure I would have figured it out otherwise. :thanks

Solar is my next mod for sure!

May I ask which kit and how much time you spent installing it?

Thanks a lot guys, you rock:bananadance2

Solar is my next mod for sure!

May I ask which kit and how much time you spent installing it?

I went for the single panel with the Victron Mppt charger with Bluetooth. Took me around 3 hours in all.