Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Christmas offers from smg cowfold

S

Staff 2

Between myself and Steve we have come up with a list of some accessories for your Calfirornias that will apply from today until the end of December. Please find fitted prices below including VAT with a labour discount of 38.5% compared to the normal 20%! If there are any other items that you may be interested in, please don't hesitate to ask!

Lowering springs: £408

Pre-facelift headlight protectors: £64.25

Facelift headlight protectors: £64.27

VW Touchphone kit: £212.12

Rear bumper cover protector (black): £45

Chrome tailgate trim: £37.13

Chrome sidebars: £403.50

Front and rear mudflaps: £97.95

VW roof bars: £227.40

Wind deflectors: £56.85

cheers

Hi SMG

Can you tell me a bit more about the lowering springs, I find my California 2011 180 handling a bit on the soft side, softer than I was expecting as I thought that the suspension was already firmed up and lowered compared with the Transporter. Would this be a handling plus or a bling plus.
The competition advertise their imported base vehicles as lowered.

Any advice would be apreciated

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ray, California's are not lowered as standard. I would say that the handling will be improved, but as a 30mm drop compared to normal it shouldn't be excessively low. The lowering springs are made by Eibach and we have had good feedback on the GP lowering springs kits.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

i had springs .then went for Hand R coilovers .better ride and can get van lower .you will only get about 10k out of tyres when sat this low :D

Hi Alex
very interested in the offer you have on the lowering springs but need some advice if the cali was lowerd would it still be suitable for towing a caravan we don't tow all of the
time just once or twice a year due to the amount of people that come with us. also do you do any offers on the vw bike racks.

Thanks
Gary & Heather

Original post smgcowfold parts

VW genuine bike rack i can sell to anyone on the forum for £420. You will have to collect unless your fairly local.

Regards

Not sure about towing though Calikev

Gary&Heather said:
Hi Alex
very interested in the offer you have on the lowering springs but need some advice if the cali was lowerd would it still be suitable for towing a caravan we don't tow all of the
time just once or twice a year due to the amount of people that come with us. also do you do any offers on the vw bike racks.

Thanks
Gary & Heather

Hi Gary&Heather,

It shouldn't be a problem. Your caravan nose may be slightly lower (can it be adjusted at all?) once coupled but it shouldn't be an issue.

Please see copied post for VW bike rack offer as well.

Thanks

SMG fitted lowering springs to my Cali and it does make a real difference. Handling is improved with much better turn in and it feels more planted through the corners. Less wallowy bounce, which the kids will appreciate in the back, and was the main reason for the upgrade. There is a slight trade off as you get a bit more thump transmitted into the cab on large bumps, but it is not bad. As with all things suspension setup, it is a compromise but a better one than the standard springs. Alex offered a good price on the job which was done in one day. Just one caution, I also had to have the anti roll bar ties changed as the bolts had seized and they need to be removed as part of the job.

It was good to meet you Graham. Although the Christmas offer had expired we came to near enough the same price for the lowering springs, and I hope that it helps the ride problems for your children.

cheers

Even their website link is not working.

Just spoken to Steve at SMG and their online shop has technical problems so they have taken it offline. If you need to order anything please call them on 01403 581229 and ask for Steve Mann

Back