Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Phew!!!! Oops!!!!B****r!!!! Hurray!!!

Well that went well

Collected today.

In for detailing on Thursday, collection Saturday and a few more pics

Early days but went for a drive and could feel the difference with the the 4 Motion.

Mike
I am sure you will instruct "No pressure wash on roof"! :)

When you get settled could you try and quantify the difference. Both had HD anti roll bars?

..message ends...

Yes. Part number ZGB7H0072001. Non fitted £40, fitted £60 at May 2016 prices. I will ahve them fitted to mine when it arrives in March.

At that price it's a no brainer... Anything to keep the Cali looking tip top. :)

When you get settled could you try and quantify the difference. Both had HD anti roll bars?

..message ends...
Yep both with HD Anti Roll Bars and both with servotronic speed sensitive power steering.

Mike

Blinged up to the headlights ;)

In many ways you have scored don't you think ? After the initial shock/worry, you get another one built, use for 3 months free and lots of goodies to say sorry and/or better discount.

All that and you've still managed to get in under the VED changes. :thumb

If I were you I'd get the lotto on for the next few weeks :cheers

...message ends...

Blinged up to the headlights ;)

In many ways you have scored don't you think ? After the initial shock/worry, you get another one built, use for 3 months free and lots of goodies to say sorry and/or better discount.

All that and you've still managed to get in under the VED changes. :thumb

If I were you I'd get the lotto on for the next few weeks :cheers

...message ends...
I agree. Very happy with the final outcome and haven't yet identified any squeaks or rattles on this one.

Nice and quick to set this one up with the techie stuff and ready to go.

Note on the dealer. They rightly get some well deserved flak on here but mine have been excellent.
Original mistake was not theirs but they did everything within their power to speed up the rebuild and minimise the grief.
At the end of the day somebody at the factory made an input error. My dealership has had another one since mine. Three in all now and none been down to the dealership.

Supply is their only problem as demand is booming.

Off to get my ticket now

Mike

Already got that one. I'll have the full compliment of protection once I get the sill guards fitted. :)
What did you use for the sliding door sill?

Great result in the end Mike, especially when you look at the list price if you bought it now

Just collected Molly from the Detailer in Weston Super Mare.
Got to say I knew nothing about detailing before embarking on buying the Cali and I am stunned by the difference. Pictures taken with my phone below will never do it justice. Whole vehicle carpets interior the lot protected with Gtechniq products.
I'll shut up now. Breakfast roll and cup of tea time on Portishead front

fb584fb27d7161ff1400e2f7b1ec7bd8.jpg

b35b1085153184332a571a121dd2eb60.jpg

6522615bda22f09cbe748103686e6ee4.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
Door sill guards..........
Went to see dealer on Wednesday to order some dealer fit options including Door Sill Guards.

He told me that some Calis are being delivered with the film type door sill guards even though the customer had not ordered them - his advice? Don't order the moulded or film ones until you actually see your Cali just in case the film type has been fitted for free!

Here's a pic of the moulded one with the club shop sill carpet and sidebars for good measure.
b15fce15385bd1d688a1512931fc76ae.jpg

Mike

Door sill guards..........
Went to see dealer on Wednesday to order some dealer fit options including Door Sill Guards.

He told me that some Calis are being delivered with the film type door sill guards even though the customer had not ordered them - his advice? Don't order the moulded or film ones until you actually see your Cali just in case the film type has been fitted for free!
Yep, Mine came with the black vinyl ones already in place.

Back