Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Phew!!!! Oops!!!!B****r!!!! Hurray!!!

Great reading @T6 CFO. Good to hear all is going well.

Can I cheekily ask about your Brandrup cabin mat. I seem to remember you saying that you went with the Moonrock Grey option. Any thoughts so far on whether it was the right choice?
Yep I did went for the full set and very impressed with the quality and colour.
I've not put them in the Cali as the plan was to get them treated when I got the vehicle detailed but that obviously got postponed. I am confident the Moonrock Grey is the right choice.

Mike

Still early days with ACC and I certainly need to get a few more miles in to be sure but I'm getting to understand it better but others may have thoughts.

On Motorways it's brilliant and makes for relaxed cruising.

For ease of setting and flexibility great to use to keep to the speed limit but with caution and an awareness of its limitations.

On other roads I think probably not. I've got the 204 7 speed DSG and have Coast, which is new to me turned on. I like to think I'm a progressive driver but gentle on the accelerator and brakes. I've been watching the gear I'm in with ACC turned off and it frequently goes from D7 to just D , top right of display, with ACC on I do not believe this would happen but will test more.

I therefore believe I can drive more economically and smoother without ACC under some road conditions.

I shall continue driving around to nice places testing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Still early days with ACC and I certainly need to get a few more miles in to be sure but I'm getting to understand it better but others may have thoughts.

For ease of setting and flexibility great to use to keep to the speed limit but with caution and an awareness of its limitations.

On other roads I think probably not. I've got the 204 7 speed DSG and have Coast, which is new to me turned on. I like to think I'm a progressive driver but gentle on the accelerator and brakes. I've been watching the gear I'm in with ACC turned off and it frequently goes from D7 to just D , top right of display, with ACC on I do not believe this would happen but will test more.

I therefore believe I can drive more economically and smoother without ACC under some road conditions.

The Coast function is disabled in normal Cruise control as the engine is used for braking on a downhill gradient so I cannot see it being any different with ACC.

Coast can be great fun. There is a section of an A road near us of just over 2 miles in length with gentle undulations. If you're doing 60mph at a certain point , and there is no traffic you can Coast up and down keeping between 50 and 60 until the last section which is steeper, uphill, and end up doing 40mph just as you reach the 40mph limit for a village .:thumb

Enjoying ACC finding it very familiar.
Auto headlights are fun found a couple of occasions when it was slow to react and I had to intervene but generally very good and very quick to dip when it sees an oncommer.
Been using CarPlay and found you can enable Siri from the steering wheel with a long press of the voice button.

The Coast function is disabled in normal Cruise control as the engine is used for braking on a downhill gradient so I cannot see it being any different with ACC.

Coast can be great fun. There is a section of an A road near us of just over 2 miles in length with gentle undulations. If you're doing 60mph at a certain point , and there is no traffic you can Coast up and down keeping between 50 and 60 until the last section which is steeper, uphill, and end up doing 40mph just as you reach the 40mph limit for a village .:thumb
Thanks. That confirms it for me

Yes that's right Mike, as Welshgas thought Coast is disabled with ACC for engine braking. Coast, I think, is simply auto shifting into neutral. The pickup of speed on downhills in Coast I found a bit disconcerting initially, but fine with it now I know what to expect.

Absolutely, ACC has its uses but for the most efficient driving DIY is best!

Yes that's right Mike, as Welshgas thought Coast is disabled with ACC for engine braking. Coast, I think, is simply auto shifting into neutral. The pickup of speed on downhills in Coast I found a bit disconcerting initially, but fine with it now I know what to expect.

Absolutely, ACC has its uses but for the most efficient driving DIY is best!
Thanks for that got it sorted now. Definitely a case of knowing exactly how it all works to get the most out of it.

As much for reference as anything else as I remember WG posting on what leisure batteries should be when fully charged. As mine are brand new and been charging for 2 days a picture required.

05170f295669d1835377b45a35c9d2ce.jpg

Hookup disconnected, engine ran, engine off, Reading taken.

Mike

Yep. Probably the VW car stick. Did another test and got 0.2 amp

Mike

Yep. Probably the VW car stick. Did another test and got 0.2 amp

Mike

Ours shows 0.2 amps when the ignition has been off for few minutes.
Turn on the heater and keep looking at the display!

Few stiff drinks, may be to calm down. hope it works out for you and you get a good result in sorting the VW cock up.

4 Motion is here. Just spent the morning emptying the temporary Cali and returning it to its delivery state. Removing Gas, Spare Safe etc etc and in my case etc agan

Pickup is on Monday. In for detailing on Thursday. Collect on Saturday and then fit the carpets etc etc and yup etc

Mike

4 Motion is here. Just spent the morning emptying the temporary Cali and returning it to its delivery state. Removing Gas, Spare Safe etc etc and in my case etc agan

Pickup is on Monday. In for detailing on Thursday. Collect on Saturday and then fit the carpets etc etc and yup etc

Mike
Does this mean that a certain West Country dealer will be marketing Stanley Mk1 or has it already got a name against it do you know? It might very well help someone on here beat the RFL hikes if they would take a 1 owner/user demonstrater

Mike
Detailing? Make sure they do not use a pressure washer on roof seals! Just in case.:thumb

Does this mean that a certain West Country dealer will be marketing Stanley Mk1 or has it already got a name against it do you know? It might very well help someone on here beat the RFL hikes if they would take a 1 owner/user demonstrater
Certainly will. Dealership has a few negotiations to do with VW over price etc and then it will be on the market. A damned good buy for someone, spec at the top of this thread. I've done all of 1200 miles in it and that was all on trips. To this point run in very carefully. And not a mark on it inside or out. Dealer is not going to have a problem selling it as his demand is high.

Mike

Certainly will. Dealership has a few negotiations to do with VW over price etc and then it will be on the market. A damned good buy for someone, spec at the top of this thread. I've done all of 1200 miles in it and that was all on trips. To this point run in very carefully. And not a mark on it inside or out. Dealer is not going to have a problem selling it as his demand is high.
Very pleased that issue of RFL has not become an issue.

Mike

Mike

Well that went well

Collected today

118af271cfecadb1d2e69de403342cf2.jpg

And Yep

11d34c4eb31d95ae69963c833412d213.png

Pleased with the door sill guards which I had not seen before

aee0c91a9834dca5aac50a43e152ab10.jpg

In for detailing on Thursday, collection Saturday and a few more pics

Early days but went for a drive and could feel the difference with the the 4 Motion.

Mike

Back