Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning the Cali

I've now got a list of things I want to buy for a comprehensive cleaning kit for Holly, thanks guys :bananadance

Wanted ad for a butler also written ;)

I used to go through a similar routine to Borris when washing my black little sports car and estate car. Time consuming. 6 months ago I switched to ENJO (chemical free). All of a sudden both cars could be washed and spotless (no stray marks as no chemicals used) in no time at all. High pressure hose, clean with ENJO glove, rinse with high pressure hose, dry with ENJO drying cloth. There are also 'fibres' for alloys. Again, "simples". Leaving more time to plan for the van... :) Sadly that meant selling the sports car... :( I'm sure I won't miss it after March 1st :thumb

This sounds really interesting, Alison... I am really not a fan of washing cars but poor Ariadne gets so dirty, especially during the winter, due to the mud country lanes of my daily commute. Anything that can make cleaning quicker and easier gets a thumbs up from me, though I am always worrying about accidentally scratching the paintwork whilst washing so have used the two bucket method so far, with a microfibre mitt for the top sections, soft brush for the lower sections and Monster Microfibre drying cloths.

I have googled ENJO but can't seem to find anywhere that stocks or sells the products in the UK. Do you import yours or is there a stockist in the UK?

Thanks in advance! :)

I've now got a list of things I want to buy for a comprehensive cleaning kit for Holly, thanks guys :bananadance

Wanted ad for a butler also written ;)

Butlers are an essential :shocked

My first one was a Brandrup model but his wages cost more than the combined reserves of the European Central Bank.

Butlers are an essential :shocked

My first one was a Brandrup model but his wages cost more than the combined reserves of the European Central Bank.
Don't forget you need two butlers/butleresses because otherwise when one goes on parental leave your Cali will suffer. You will need to provide a ramp to the interior for disabled access to avoid any workplace discrimination. Also remember they now need to be enrolled in a pension scheme, have to have heated workspace not below 20 deg C and are entitled 26 days holiday, a contract of employment, and sick pay. And ladies/gents loos and washing facilities will be required. You will also need employers and public liability insurance in case he/her/they fall(s) off the ladder on to a passer by whilst cleaning the roof of your Cali. And don't upset him/her/them or they may "accidentally" damage your precious camper.

:D

Edit: I forgot to mention you will need to prepare Method Statements and Risk Assessments and submit an Environmental Policy to the local Gestapo. This must be submitted for approval at least 7 days prior to submit any cleaning activities and you will now be liable for business rates and will need to make your own provision to dispose of any waste to an authorised disposal operative.

Last edited:
Don't forget you need two butlers/butleresses because otherwise when one goes on parental leave your Cali will suffer. You will need to provide a ramp to the interior for disabled access to avoid any workplace discrimination. Also remember they now need to be enrolled in a pension scheme, have to have heated workspace not below 20 deg C and are entitled 26 days holiday, a contract of employment, and sick pay. And ladies/gents loos and washing facilities will be required. You will also need employers and public liability insurance in case he/her/they fall(s) off the ladder on to a passer by whilst cleaning the roof of your Cali. And don't upset him/her/them or they may "accidentally" damage your precious camper.

:D

Edit: I forgot to mention you will need to prepare Method Statements and Risk Assessments and submit an Environmental Policy to the local Gestapo. This must be submitted for approval at least 7 days prior to submit any cleaning activities and you will now be liable for business rates and will need to make your own provision to dispose of any waste to an authorised disposal operative.
Unless of course they are from East Europe.:thumb

I have googled ENJO but can't seem to find anywhere that stocks or sells the products in the UK. Do you import yours or is there a stockist in the UK?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Maud, you can buy ENJO online, however, the preferred route is via a demo (cheaper as well). ENJO is doing really well in Orkney and here win the North East (Scotland) so we have several rep's in the area, so easy to ask questions and try new stuff at home. Send me a PM if you want more info. Alison

Just had a look at the ENJO web site. Not read all the details but is it some kind of "pyramid" selling?
The picture of the audience clapping looks like some kind of masiah has arrived.
May not impact on the product but as they say on Dragons Den, I'm Ooot.

I don't know Snowy as I'm not a rep - however it's done it doesn't impact the price to the customer. I was also initially put off by the approach - but find the products excellent. Same as my colleagues / neighbours who are using it. It's just another option for cleaning. :)

I don't know Snowy as I'm not a rep - however it's done it doesn't impact the price to the customer. I was also initially put off by the approach - but find the products excellent. Same as my colleagues / neighbours who are using it. It's just another option for cleaning. :)

Always interesting to see alternative ideas:thumb

Just had a look at the ENJO web site. Not read all the details but is it some kind of "pyramid" selling?
The picture of the audience clapping looks like some kind of masiah has arrived.
Just had a look at the website too. Clayton west is where my mother in law lives so I'll do a drive by to see if I can spot the anointed one.

Snowy55, I checked, Pyramid selling is illegal as does not involve a product. Your post implies ENJO is doing something illegal, which they are not. Cheers, Alison

Back