Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club Joker 'vanfluencer' video

D

DanKavanagh

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
As a new Cali Ocean owner I hadn't even heard of a Club Joker until I joined this forum, and was therefore interested to see this video from some popular #vanlife influencers who have just bought one. I'm impressed - but hope to manage a few more years without needing a toilet in the van...

Ultimate Camper-Comfort Toilet + 15 Biologisch Abbaubare Toilettenbeutel

Used in anger on my last trip in the Cali after almost 2 years of ownership. A real lifesaver when you have to go you have to go........

@Kayleigh
Im now banning "querky", "cool", and "amazing" in my house. I've had my fill for the year...
Looking at his number of Youtube subscribers you might do well to buy yourself a silly hat and start saying them a bit more often :D

I actually found myself watching one of his vids a few months back, his old van was knackered and they were questioning what to do next. Didn’t imagine they’d end up in a new Club Joker.

@Kayleigh apparently they bought ‘the last one in Europe’. Sounds like a challenge to me…

@Kayleigh

Looking at his number of Youtube subscribers you might do well to buy yourself a silly hat and start saying them a bit more often :D

I actually found myself watching one of his vids a few months back, his old van was knackered and they were questioning what to do next. Didn’t imagine they’d end up in a new Club Joker.

@Kayleigh apparently they bought ‘the last one in Europe’. Sounds like a challenge to me…
Oh absolutely. It’s one of the reasons why we eased up on the videos and headed into a hiatus. I cant bring myself to work to YouTube’s algorithms and promote clickbait, edgy or overly animated. And I don’t think folks would care to watch the personification of Droopy Dog when I don’t feel animated enough :D

@Kayleigh

Ironically, it was me who advised them to look at the Club Joker :oops:. Not sure I would ship it straight off to the US though!!

@Kayleigh

How much is 215K subscribers worth ?
I think he sells it well, he is a bit annoying, long winded and as you say they said they were broke not that long ago.

I think he sells it well, he is a bit annoying, long winded and as you say they said they were broke not that long ago.
Apparently about $4000 per month!
They appear quite haphazard, but clearly they do YouTube very well.
Maybe I should set up my own channel… “The adventures of Kayleigh the Cali” LoL

Apparently about $4000 per month!
They appear quite haphazard, but clearly they do YouTube very well.
Maybe I should set up my own channel… “The adventures of Kayleigh the Cali” LoL
Don't forget to wear the obligatory pork pie hat.

Amazing how they can "sell" the Club Joker before they've even used it. Only stepped foot in it for the first time that day.

Great choice of color! But I’m biased. Surprised the dealer didn’t spec the upper window above the kitchen though. That’s a big drawback for me on this one.
Dealer-spec'd vans are the most random in my experience. I was just going through the remaining dealer stock of T6.1 California in my area and the specs are all over the place. A red van with a white awning. A grey van with a random red pop-top. Most Oceans fitted with the Coast interior... It's clearly someone randomly ticking options and having little idea of what they're actually doing.

Dealer-spec'd vans are the most random in my experience. I was just going through the remaining dealer stock of T6.1 California in my area and the specs are all over the place. A red van with a white awning. A grey van with a random red pop-top. Most Oceans fitted with the Coast interior... It's clearly someone randomly ticking options and having little idea of what they're actually doing.

Wandahome certainly knows the Joker. I don’t think I’ve seen one yet without this window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They raffled their Citroen box van conversion a couple of months ago, selling over 12,000 tickets at £5 each. Fair play to them!

Wandahome certainly knows the Joker. I don’t think I’ve seen one yet without this window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might have been a cancelled order to customers spec. I've seen a few without that window. I find it v handy for extra light, ventilation in cooking area and for looking out whilst using the kitchen.

I love the Club Joker but I'm completely perplexed as to why they've bought a compact EU motorhome to do the US in. The Sven Hedin they were looking at previously would've been far more appropriate for a bigger roadtrips or just buy an RV in the US and do it that way.

.....and the bloke is really annoying. And they said they were skint. Don't understand.

I love the Club Joker but I'm completely perplexed as to why they've bought a compact EU motorhome to do the US in. The Sven Hedin they were looking at previously would've been far more appropriate for a bigger roadtrips or just buy an RV in the US and do it that way.

.....and the bloke is really annoying. And they said they were skint. Don't understand.
If you look at the comments practically all the comments suggested they go for the SH would have been the sensible choice even if I'm slightly biased.....

I presume they wanted to have a Transporter base vehicle.

I love the Club Joker but I'm completely perplexed as to why they've bought a compact EU motorhome to do the US in. The Sven Hedin they were looking at previously would've been far more appropriate for a bigger roadtrips or just buy an RV in the US and do it that way

True. But they’re content creators. RV vloggers in the US are a dime a dozen. But no-one will have a Club Joker since the Transporter isn’t available in the US. There’s a big cool factor and look-at-me aspect here that translates to literal cash for them.

It also means that they’ll be able to publish a “why we sold our Club Joker - the truth behind small van living” in a year’s time.

And also: a Club Joker is sooo cute. There’s nothing like it.

True. But they’re content creators. RV vloggers in the US are a dime a dozen. But no-one will have a Club Joker since the Transporter isn’t available in the US. There’s a big cool factor and look-at-me aspect here that translates to literal cash for them.

It also means that they’ll be able to publish a “why we sold our Club Joker - the truth behind small van living” in a year’s time.

And also: a Club Joker is sooo cute. There’s nothing like it.
Yes I agree, they most likely wanted something cool and new in the USA. I wonder how many have taken their Club Joker there for a holiday before? Of course if something goes wrong and they need to import spare parts it just adds to the extra content they can create.. and these two do seem to attract van troubles!!

Back