Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club Joker 'vanfluencer' video

Sorry to see the last available one go as this would have been our next step as the 5.4 metre availables like the

Dethleffs Globetrail 540DR Advantage or Hymer Blue Evolution 540​

Just seem a bit too ‘ big’ for our needs.

Sorry to see the last available one go as this would have been our next step as the 5.4 metre availables like the

Other than the amazing Wingamm 540 (over £100k!) The Globecar Summit Prime would be my first choice at that length - vid below:

It wasn’t brand new anyway. They do come up second hand from time to time.

What about the Ford Bailey Alora 69-4T
Or the 69-4I for island bed.
Can’t go wrong for £69k brand new !
Can increase manufacturer warranty from 3 years to 6 years !
And body damp warranty for 10 years.
Automatic.
Diesel truma heater.

Absolute bargain for £69k
Change my mind ;)

Automatic.
Diesel truma heater.

Change my mind ;)
Ford wet cambelt engine, same as new transporter, how many speeds in auto, if it is six it is quite inefficient

Ford wet cambelt engine, same as new transporter, how many speeds in auto, if it is six it is quite inefficient

Transit is now 8 speed

(Was previously 6, but wouldn’t say that it was inefficient. My friend had a Tourneo with the 6 speed DSG, was very smooth - we had an 2007 Audi TT 3.2 DSG at the time as comparison).

Automatic.
Diesel truma heater.

Change my mind ;)
I was in the Bailey Endeavour facebook group for a while and that might change your mind. Seen examples of rust and damp issues on brand new vans, rooflights which appear to have been installed by Stevie Wonder ahead of a global silicone ban, overhead glass panels seemingly shattering for no reason and someone having to wait weeks/months to get it replaced (on last check they were driving around with the glass duck-taped together). Am sure the majority of their vans are decent enough but it’s a no from me.

IMG_5286.jpeg

IMG_5289.jpeg

IMG_5290.jpeg

Last edited:
Transit is now 8 speed

(Was previously 6, but wouldn’t say that it was inefficient. My friend had a Tourneo with the 6 speed DSG, was very smooth - we had an 2007 Audi TT 3.2 DSG at the time as comparison).
We looked at a chausson and bailey on a ford, the six speed automatic was awful at motorway speeds, it needed longer gears, the bailey is cheap for a reason, seems to be using older ford chassis, it would be ok in a 2 ton tourneo but not so good in a 3.5 ton motorhome. the 8 speed Aisin is common to ford & PSA 1.5 and 2 litre diesels, it works well in my daughter's Berlingo

Back