Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have quite a few meets for 2018 already in the pipeline so I just wanted to to keep everyone updated.

We also need some meets arranged in the North and the East if anyone can help out please??

So far we have the following:

Basingstoke Meet - Four Horseshoes 4 Dec
New Years Eve in Looe - Possible Informal Meet

New Forest Meet - Provisional April 2nd TBC
Devon Meet ( Either Stowford or Exmoor Riverside ) Date TBC
Dorset Meet ( Either Highlands End or Wareham Forest) Provisional date 18/19th May
Tenby Meet - June 28th Confirmed Welll Park Campsite
Yorkhire Meet Possibly Masons Campsite TBC
Hemel Hempstead Meet TBC

We also have a couple of other meets for June - details to follow.

Last edited:
A couple more to be added? Shop open day/s, COTF2018

I heard rumours of a meet in Denmark too, maybe September. It was mentioned at the Champagne meet.

I think there are a couple of informal meets being talked about one for the new year in Looe and a pm/lunchtime meet on Dec 3 in Basingstoke.

I think there are a couple of informal meets being talked about one for the new year in Looe and a pm/lunchtime meet on Dec 3 in Basingstoke.
Did you see my earlier post? Shop Open Day, COTF and Denmark?

Meet at Four Horseshoes on Sunday 3rd. Dec. 11:00.

Chances are high a 2018 Champagne meet will be held again after the summer .
And hopefully @Kmann can work out a meet somewhere in Denmark :thumb

But all my eyes are on a date for COTF....:bananadance2

@hotel california and @Jabberwocky you are right.

I will (can) not tell (promise) too much yet ;-)

But planning is in progress – seeking and I am looking into the 7-9 September 2018 as preferred dates now. But it might change. As soon as settled I will make an official post with the dates, and later with all the details.

I am trying to make it well worth the travel to join the (first?) meet in Denmark …

@hotel california and @Jabberwocky you are right.

I will (can) not tell (promise) too much yet ;-)

But planning is in progress – seeking and I am looking into the 7-9 September 2018 as preferred dates now. But it might change. As soon as settled I will make an official post with the dates, and later with all the details.

I am trying to make it well worth the travel to join the (first?) meet in Denmark …
Excellent!

Anything more central for 2018?
Where are you based in Shropshire? From Shrewsbury, Bolsover is just under 100 miles (Shop Open Day) in November, 27 Calis stayed overnight at Tall Trees Camp site on the Saturday, and Tenby is about 140 miles for a weekend in June.

We live in Market Drayton, North Shropshire. We were there at tall trees!

We need people to come forward and arrange meets up North as I am limited to what I can arrange from down here.

I'm west midlands, Close to south Cheshire border. Wales is the nicest I think but not easy to get to.

We live in Market Drayton, North Shropshire. We were there at tall trees!
Ah OK. I was there too earlier this month. Sorry if we met and I can't put Avatar to real names - I think we all suffer a bit that way. I'm Rik by the way! What do you mean by "Central"? Less than 50 miles or do you have a particular location in mind?

Ah yes! You were on your first night away in your cali and on the lower field. Did I get that right?

That's right Rik, it was our first trip away. I'm Scott, changed my name and avatar now so can see where the confusion has come from.

Central covers quite a lot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Midlands
I'm easy to confuse! No worries Scott.
Yes I see what you mean by the Midlands being a large area. I guess you need to find someone of like mind and see where it goes from there. Could you help organise?

7B546FDC-1620-493F-865C-E504AB26193C.jpeg I’m looking at making a visit to Lapland for a Northern lights visit in 2018 around the time of the September Equinox that’s the 23rd . Previously, in another thread , some members have said they mights like join . My hobby is photographing them . Whilst it is spossible to see good lights as winter approaches and there is dark sky’s , the weather is the least challenging at that time and the lights at the right location and lattitude can be stunning . I know the area quite well and could probably arrange some basic facilities there . If any one is interested please let me know . Here are some pictures I’ve taken there .

47A19C66-A7C6-40EC-B8FD-7C1576EB309E.jpeg

View attachment 28076

57910456-8705-45F1-838C-C52A5D88BB35.jpeg

CD992A82-C956-495E-8BD5-5EA1B6FB772B.jpeg

Please fill in the Poll at the separate post and we still need one or two helping brains to bring this together
Hi, I have already completed the poll and I just looked at it and it shows a pref for November (50%) and I also note that this weekend in May is the beginning of UK school holidays (a week) so ferry prices will be high.

View attachment 28079 I’m looking at making a visit to Lapland for a Northern lights visit in 2018 around the time of the September Equinox that’s the 23rd . Previously, in another thread , some members have said they mights like join . My hobby is photographing them . Whilst it is spossible to see good lights as winter approaches and there is dark sky’s , the weather is the least challenging at that time and the lights at the right location and lattitude can be stunning . I know the area quite well and could probably arrange some basic facilities there . If any one is interested please let me know .
Sadly this will be too late for us as we will already be on our way south from the south Norwegian coast. I hope we can still enjoy your photographs though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.