Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coast 6.1 or Ocean 6.1

Now there's a question but in relation to a Cali I specked a Coast & an Ocean on Drive The Deal this week.

Cherry Red Coast. 17 inch Davenports. Fog Lights. Tow Bar. Heated Seats. Privacy Glass. Comfort Mattress. Opening Front Bellows. £52675 OTR.

T6.1, 150 Cherry Red Ocean with Comfort Mattress & Tow Bar £58150 OTR.

The rest of the kit on the Ocean I could live without, yes the hydraulic roof is good to have but some can be problematic and expensive as they get older as Borris said on another thread. That aside I pulled up on a site near a Cali Beach in the early summer and his manual roof was far quicker but I don't know how long unlatching took.
Ive just redone my quote on drive the deal & they seem to have gone down!?!

For what spec and how much?
Maybe not the spec was -
Coast, beige, davenports, panaramic window, oak vinyl floor, trailer prep, comfort light, 3 zone, 80 litre tank, privacy glass, comfort mattress, £54,137 - I think on my 1st quote I opted for trailer assist plus towbar which Im not going for now - off to test drive an early SE 2012 as cant find Coast nearby or Caravelle or Ocean so will piece it together - will be interesting to see what the last quarter deals are for PCP

Maybe not the spec was -
Coast, beige, davenports, panaramic window, oak vinyl floor, trailer prep, comfort light, 3 zone, 80 litre tank, privacy glass, comfort mattress, £54,137 - I think on my 1st quote I opted for trailer assist plus towbar which Im not going for now - off to test drive an early SE 2012 as cant find Coast nearby or Caravelle or Ocean so will piece it together - will be interesting to see what the last quarter deals are for PCP
Best of Luck Jenny.

I have a coast and just added the parking heater. The ocean has as standard a load more stuff, some of which I didn't want so I got a coast with everything I wanted, compared the price and it was about 3k less in the end. I don't have electric colour coordinated mirrors, or colour coordinated door handles, an extra strip of chrome or two, a fancy stereo (although my set up is awesome with my phone mounted and Bluetooth). I don't have alloy wheels or double glassing. And the roof is manual.

Basically just compare the two and the decide. The colour options for the interior were slightly different too.

I think my leisure batteries might be slightly lower capacity too actually.
Hellow
I don't understand it; we ordered a coast at the end of August and more than 8,000 euros difference between the coast (150 hp/dsg with options) and an ocean (same, little options), both with the same discount. My extras: heater, radio with GPS, rear view camera and sensors, electrically folding mirrors, light & vision plus package, sliding door closing aid, cruise control, large opening at the front of the fabric, comfort mattress, sliding window in sliding door, sound-insulating glass with tinted windows, 17 inch steel rims and larger brakes at the front, telephone induction charging function, 5th seat, bicycle rack and some small things. We chose the options based on experience and wishes from the past 8 years of traveling and making trips with our T4 westfalia: what do we have and want to keep, what do we not have and do we want, what do we not have and do not need (electro-hydraulic roof).
Greetings

Last edited:
Well, it used to be Beach v SE, now Coast v Ocean :)

Generally I have found people who live in Camper vans to be relatively far more individual than those who opt for other forms of mechanised camping yet always the expressions of consternation when someone would choose to order something different to what "I" want.

I never ordered a beach because I wanted an SE, I never ordered a coast because I wanted an ocean and unlike the great majority of people on here I consider an electric roof to be a boon, especially when camping in the middle of winter with arthritic fingers refusing to bend or grip, just one individuals take on why one individual selected an option that for others makes "no sense".

UK specs are usually different to the European Mainland ones, making comparisons difficult unless using the 2 standard configurations on side by side basis.
True: the coast with you is better equipped as standard, you can compare on volkswagen.co.uk and for example Volkswagen.be and see the differences. The price difference may then possibly not be as great as with us.
Greetings

Well, it used to be Beach v SE, now Coast v Ocean :)

Generally I have found people who live in Camper vans to be relatively far more individual than those who opt for other forms of mechanised camping yet always the expressions of consternation when someone would choose to order something different to what "I" want.

I never ordered a beach because I wanted an SE, I never ordered a coast because I wanted an ocean and unlike the great majority of people on here I consider an electric roof to be a boon, especially when camping in the middle of winter with arthritic fingers refusing to bend or grip, just one individuals take on why one individual selected an option that for others makes "no sense".
And that’s good for you: if you want an electric roof then you have to get one. We want a manual and are very happy with the choice we now have by the coast. And much cheaper. Our choices were made by our experiences and wishes, not those of others. Each their choices and preferences. Enjoy your SE!
Greetings

I'm confused as to why VW are marketing two products (Ocean and Coast), when adding enough options to one turns it (virtually) into the other. Why not market one product and make all options available? I must be missing something.
yes I also think you don't see it ;): the price difference even after some options, the opportunity to remain more basic. Each his choice and preferences.
Greetings