Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coast between Marseilles and Nice

loslynch

loslynch

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hello helpful peeps,

We are heading to the Rugby World Cup in September and will be in and around the south coast between Marseilles and Nice for a couple of weeks. We'd really appreciate any recommendations on places to stay .... or any other tips!

thanks so much
Dave and Gail

Hello helpful peeps,

We are heading to the Rugby World Cup in September and will be in and around the south coast between Marseilles and Nice for a couple of weeks. We'd really appreciate any recommendations on places to stay .... or any other tips!

thanks so much
Dave and Gail
It’s a bloody nightmare near the main venues. I’m really struggling with getting anywhere near Nice or Lyon. Bordeaux sorted. I’m following Wales so only need group games sites ;)

We're going to some of the Olympic venues in the south of France next year, and we've come to the conclusion that we're going in the car and will stay in hotels/B&Bs...

It’s a bloody nightmare near the main venues. I’m really struggling with getting anywhere near Nice or Lyon. Bordeaux sorted. I’m following Wales so only need group games sites ;)
We are booked into Airbnb’s around the dates of the games. I’m looking looking for ideas between games.

• Clever Stuff
Reactions: Sad
If you’re after coast we’ve stayed in Le Levandou (town) and Agay St-Raphael (village) and both nice. Number of sites at each. Inland Aups (town) and the surrounding area is stunning.

We just stayed in Camp du Domain next to Le Lavendou.
Huge site (probably 400 or so pitches) - nice view of the sea if you ask for it, and many pitches with shade. Right on the beach.
Not cheap in high season though.
Also the municipal camping in Cassis was busy but OK for a few days. Though a steep hill to the town which was very touristy (ie expensive and busy).
Friends have stayed at Port Grimaud campsite just north of St Tropez in Sept and rate it.

Lyon look for a campsite within walking distance of a train station further away from the cities, we recently stayed about 30 minutes outside Lyon in a commercial campsite stayed in a chalet (cap fun: Camping Capfun Portes du Beaujolais) it was ok but they recently changed to purely static accommodation, so did not stay I. The van for a few days, but it suited are needs very well for getting into and out of Lyon via train, which run frequently and are cheap. (Need to pay for tickets with a card at an automated pay station)

Lyon look for a campsite within walking distance of a train station further away from the cities, we recently stayed about 30 minutes outside Lyon in a commercial campsite stayed in a chalet (cap fun: Camping Capfun Portes du Beaujolais) it was ok but they recently changed to purely static accommodation, so did not stay I. The van for a few days, but it suited are needs very well for getting into and out of Lyon via train, which run frequently and are cheap. (Need to pay for tickets with a card at an automated pay station)
Thanks for that. That was my intended sought of plan, but the matches start at 9pm so will need trains running at about midnight to get back to site. Thinking of camping out of the city and staying night in hotel, but hotel prices are crazy as well! I’m staying in a chalet for a couple of nights in Bordeaux for the first game. The search continues in Nice and Lyon.

Yes we are in airBnB in the game locations.

Thanks for that. That was my intended sought of plan, but the matches start at 9pm so will need trains running at about midnight to get back to site. Thinking of camping out of the city and staying night in hotel, but hotel prices are crazy as well! I’m staying in a chalet for a couple of nights in Bordeaux for the first game. The search continues in Nice and Lyon.
Packing a Bike maybe an option?
If you want to get back whenever you want.