Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coast...

These standard on the ocean?
Yeah I believe so.. Looking at the pricelist.. I find the price list easier to tell the spec of each as it gives an option price for these items on the Coast.

Yeah I believe so.. Looking at the pricelist.. I find the price list easier to tell the spec of each as it gives an option price for these items on the Coast.
Oh dear, I’m not very good a this, thought I had it sussed, looks like I might be heading for the ocean now, plus a towbar..

This is interesting as I've just posted up a Coast versus an Ocean. Added only what I consider the must haves for us to a 150ps:
Heated seats
Tow bar
Privacy glass
Bellows
Comfort mattress
80l tank

And it's £8.5k cheaper than ocean

We had a T5 so could live without the nice to haves of the Ocean

This is interesting as I've just posted up a Coast versus an Ocean. Added only what I consider the must haves for us to a 150ps:
Heated seats
Tow bar
Privacy glass
Bellows
Comfort mattress
80l tank

You might wish to consider this rather than the VW non-comfort mattress. Specifically fits the Coast/Ocean.

Oh dear, I’m not very good a this, thought I had it sussed, looks like I might be heading for the ocean now, plus a towbar..
Also extra chrome strips on front end!

B8E36B0C-834D-447D-A3E2-6F53C86A8F11.png

You might wish to consider this rather than the VW non-comfort mattress. Specifically fits the Coast/Ocean.

Thanks. Funnily enough we were just talking about this as always found the comfort mat rubbish in our old one. Will look into it but thanks for recommendation.

Heated seats
Tow bar
Privacy glass
Bellows
Comfort mattress
80l tank

Sounds about right, I had a few more options added such as LED lights, heated screen etc,

Sounds about right, I had a few more options added such as LED lights, heated screen etc,
Yeah, if you're after the more expensive options, I'd spring for the Ocean. Unfortunately, I want to go Coast and the husband wants to go Ocean.

Heated seats
Tow bar
Privacy glass
Bellows
Comfort mattress
80l tank

I totally understand its all down to what spec you want personally but Its 8.5k more to start with but down to 7.75k once you take into account the 10% discount.

The options you want on your Coast that are alreay standard on the Ocean are around £800 (HFS / Bellows / Privacy) so the difference in your situation is just under 7k.

I totally understand its all down to what spec you want personally but Its 8.5k more to start with but down to 7.75k once you take into account the 10% discount.

The options you want on your Coast that are alreay standard on the Ocean are around £800 (HFS / Bellows / Privacy) so the difference in your situation is just under 7k.
That's with the discount - sorry, I wasn't clear.

That's with the discount - sorry, I wasn't clear.
The List Price difference between the 150 Ocean and the 150 Coast is around £8500. Once discount is taken into account, the difference drops to around 7.75k.

Yeah, if you're after the more expensive options, I'd spring for the Ocean. Unfortunately, I want to go Coast and the husband wants to go Ocean.
It’s a difficult one, so we are at a 5k difference between coast and ocean.
That 5 k would get me
17 inch alloys,not 16
Satnav
Climate control
Digital cockpit
Led interior lighting
And some chrome stripes on the front

This is well worth a watch, will help you with differences and spec - California Chris at Liverpool VW

Tell Sad that he won't be sad if he gets a nice Coast.
Haha! That's true. He has said he'd be thrilled with any van. I'm struggling to justify the price difference

Thanks. Funnily enough we were just talking about this as always found the comfort mat rubbish in our old one. Will look into it but thanks for recommendation.
The 6.1 "comfort" mattress is about an inch thick. Ours is still in its plastic cover. Haven't used it. Get the S2S SIM - there are other threads on here about it.

Hellow
If you start with a coast and then dress it up like an ocean (LED lighting and so on) and like to add the electro-hydraulic (and think that digital dashboard is hip), then you might be better off starting with an ocean. If you start at a coast because you don't want an ocean (too expensive and that roof) and you take enough options that you yourself consider necessary but that don't make it an ocean, then you save a lot. You can twist and turn this issue as much as you want, they are not the same and they differ enough in price and idea. I wouldn't order a california if no coast existed; We come from a T4 westfalia from 1991 and find our coast that we ordered with options that we wanted, a lot cheaper than an ocean (which also does not have everything as standard). but each has his own idea about this and his own, free choice.

Haha! That's true. He has said he'd be thrilled with any van. I'm struggling to justify the price difference
FFs. @Sad Who wears the trousers around here? I would've
bought you a beer to cheers your new camper if i ever made it
to that Jurassic coast of Bridport.
Now i'm thinking that it'll be a half for you, a pint for me and a slimline tonic
for the ladies :D:D

My work van has heated seats and windscreen, it’s chilly further up north...
I might drop the power door now I know it beeps, doh
I think that on the Coast the option isn’t a full power sliding door anyway, but just the final electric assisted latching that the Ocean has as standard.

FFs. @Sad Who wears the trousers around here? I would've
bought you a beer to cheers your new camper if i ever made it
to that Jurassic coast of Bridport.
Now i'm thinking that it'll be a half for you, a pint for me and a slimline tonic
for the ladies :D:D
Haha. Pintsall round it is then - as I'm wearing the trousers!
Think he's come round to a Coast now.
And you're welcome here anytime. It's a great place to visit

[
I think that on the Coast the option isn’t a full power sliding door anyway, but just the final electric assisted latching that the Ocean has as standard.

Hadn't noticed that, never really understood/liked it on our SE, but looks like you can only spec up to the full electric, and can't get the power latching...

To all the new buyers on here, don't forget to take out the 5 year Factory extended warranty within the 90 days of collection.
All over it... :thumb

Wow I am amazed how many vans VW are shifting at over 50k on the brink of a world recession or am I just a miserable tight fisted curmudgeon. :shocked
Stick with your T6 Karlos, you won't regret it. :D