Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cobb or Small gas BBQ?

Hi all, so as we are here in the uk I’d like to purchase some gear for the Cali. Better choice of stock over here.
I want to get a unit for cooking outside, and I pretty much had decided on a cobb. But I believe that some campsites don’t allow charcoal BBQ’s.
So perhaps a small gas grill might be better.
What does everyone else use?
I prefer the Cobb. Very easy to use. We bake bread in it, roast delicious meals and its easy to clean and store away. Never leave home without it.
Tom

I got my safari chef from here last week : https://thebbqshop.co.uk/BBQs/cadac-bbqs/cadac-safari-chef-2-pro-qr-gas-bbq

spoke to them first, good price and service . Have to select the "hose and regulator" option for 6 quid to get a campinggaz regulator - and if you want an EN417 don't select the offered one for 13 quid you need this with the quick release adapter

I also got a 25cm pizza stone, all in £163 inc delivery. They sent a replacement clip when one was sub par, so good service if things don't work, but worth speaking to if you have any doubts

-Steve

The problem with Charcoal is waiting for the coals to cool down to empty and pack away.
I now only use charcoal BBQs at home.

The COBB does great food, but I got sick of having to clean it down after every use.

I now pack a Weber go anywhere gas BBQ and an Alpkit brudog or something for cooking.
The Weber never gets cleaned and is much simpler for the BBQ stuff
I have a Cobb and love it. You can use charcoal or a Trangia type alcohol burner for quick cooks. I use my kellie kettle to start and accelerate the charcoal. At the end of a cook I can either use left over fuel to boil water for drinks &/or pot washing or extinguish charcoal briquettes by putting in a airtight tin or dowsing in water (when dry they can be used to supplement the next cook). The Cobb is also pretty portable so can go to the beach, lake, etc.

5880AD01-C7B0-4510-AFB6-E279040CAEEC.jpeg

@Elly Swanson but it’s still a pig to clean on a campsite...
That’s the main reason mine went.
I had some great meals from the Cobb, is like the fact you can move it whilst it’s still hot.

Back