Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas cobb v Cadac

S

suf

SUF
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi Folks,

We have a standard cobb which is brilliant but are finding that we are increasingly not able to use it on French sites due to it being viewed as a fire risk -charcoal disposal being the prime reason (a bit unfair on the cobb some might say ).

The cadac on the other hand is acceptable so the choice seems to be cadac or the gas Cobb.

Has anyone tried a gas cobb and how easy it to source the associated gas cylinders, how long do the cylinders last (they look very small). In short is a gas cobb really practicable for longer trips abroad ?

Cheers Suf

Hi there
I have a charcoal Cobb so no experience of the gas powered version but the EN417 screw on disposable canister is certainly available in Spain and France.
Hope this helps.

Just to add to the topic. Had a great deal on Cadac Safari Chef at Go Outdoors yesterday. Price matched with Hamilton's Gas Products -10%. Instead of £79.99 had it for £61.19 and saved any delivery charge by buying in store to boot.

Just to add to the topic. Had a great deal on Cadac Safari Chef at Go Outdoors yesterday. Price matched with Hamilton's Gas Products -10%. Instead of £79.99 had it for £61.19 and saved any delivery charge by buying in store to boot.
Excellent price, like a bargain :thumb

Calor Grill 2 Go is my choice, but obviously quite different from the Cobb.

5kg cylinder lasts for 30 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

We have a standard cobb which is brilliant but are finding that we are increasingly not able to use it on French sites due to it being viewed as a fire risk -charcoal disposal being the prime reason (a bit unfair on the cobb some might say ).

The cadac on the other hand is acceptable so the choice seems to be cadac or the gas Cobb.

Has anyone tried a gas cobb and how easy it to source the associated gas cylinders, how long do the cylinders last (they look very small). In short is a gas cobb really practicable for longer trips abroad ?

Cheers Suf

Just seen your post Suf.
Did you buy a Gas Cobb in the end? I am looking at buying one, and wondered what sort of results you have had?

Hi there
I have a charcoal Cobb so no experience of the gas powered version but the EN417 screw on disposable canister is certainly available in Spain and France.
Hope this helps.

I have a gas cobb,no problem sorting the cartridges, weber cartridges use the same (EN417) code.
I noticed immediately that the gas cobb is a little bulkier than the charcoal model,and the lower moat is useless for cooking potatoes or the like.
But the convenience is excellent.
There is also a modification hose to adapt your cobb to the big camper bottles.
Not required for the Cali.

I have a Safari chef 2. Read the reviews and you will see how excellent it is.

We have the Safari chef 2 and use the 907 gas from the van which is a little annoying taking in and out but worth it as cooking is instant.
I can't see me using the cobb anytime soon.