Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coil Springs - expensive replacement ?

B

BigPritch

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all,
just about to buy a 2010 SE 180 TDI, and noticed from the MOT history it has an issue with O/S front Coil Springs, over a 5 year period.
Something I should be concerned about ?

Thanks

Has or had? If has, get them to fix it or knock off the cost. If had, be fine, it’s fixed.

Hi all,
just about to buy a 2010 SE 180 TDI, and noticed from the MOT history it has an issue with O/S front Coil Springs, over a 5 year period.
Something I should be concerned about ?

Thanks
Can I ask what the issue is / was? I’m assuming they were advisories or failures at MOT time?

MOT failure last year - Offside Front Coil spring fractured or broken (5.3.1 (b) (i)).
So assume it was replaced, but 2nd one in 5 MOT’s, hence wondered if it was a ‘known’ issue.
Thanks

MOT failure last year - Offside Front Coil spring fractured or broken (5.3.1 (b) (i)).
So assume it was replaced, but 2nd one in 5 MOT’s, hence wondered if it was a ‘known’ issue.
Thanks
More related to the present road conditions, potholes etc, and possibly size of tyres.
Certain wheel and tyre sizes run at very high pressures and give a vary harsh ride and coupled with potholes significant suspension shock.
I run 235-55-R17 tyres and over 127,000 miles have never had a spring failure.

Thanks
Had mine done recently - snapped on way for MOT. Hence failed its first MOT in 9 yrs. (2012 SE)

None changed on my 2019 Cali however my much lighter fiesta does a spring every other year. It's nothing to worry about and as said is a reflection of the state of the roads.

Minimal parts cost and either easy DIY job or small garage job. Get both sides done though.

Back