Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coil Springs Failing

surely its the weight on each van and where the weight is

But different weights the drawings show a loaded van ,all the unloaded transporters look like they are sitting higher when parked next to a California which carries more weight look at the payloads , California has a smaller payload so it tells they are heavy therefore will be lower at the rear is this not correct?
Just do the measurements.

Just do the measurements.
empty van it is 15mm higher at rear which goes down to level when loaded with camping stuff and water so thats level to me, rear goes further down with trailer attached.also spirt level shows level on sink glass what else can i do to say its level.

empty van it is 15mm higher at rear which goes down to level when loaded with camping stuff and water so thats level to me, rear goes further down with trailer attached.also spirt level shows level on sink glass what else can i do to say its level.
So if the measurement, floor to body line is equal, front and rear, when loaded then that proves that the rear wheel arch is cut lower than the front wheel arch and that the disparity in wheel arch heights is by design and not due to a sagging rear suspension.

Can’t say mine moves a great deal from empty to
loaded. The majority of weight is there permanently…

Full sagged ready for adventures tomorrow.

5AB4A9E8-4857-4CD9-A2E6-264BA79D83A7.jpeg

So if the measurement, floor to body line is equal, front and rear, when loaded then that proves that the rear wheel arch is cut lower than the front wheel arch and that the disparity in wheel arch heights is by design and not due to a sagging rear suspension.

but CRS has set it up like this you have said don't listen to him yet now you say this is correct?

but CRS has set it up like this you have said don't listen to him yet now you say this is correct?
That is not what I said. If you set up using Wheel Centre to Wheel arch you are not taking account of the fact that the Front Wheel arch is cut higher than the Rear. If you set up using Floor to Bodyline being equal front and rear then you will maintain the level body.
You cannot correct the optical illusion caused by the rear arch being closer to the tyre without compromising the vehicle stance if you make both front and rear tyre/wheel arch distances the same.

Well, put those T32's on from e Bay. Must say superb service from that guy and at a brilliant price. OK I'm no expert at all BUT, I now have a valid MOT at a fraction of the cost VW wanted and they couldn't supply. But more important for me they seem to be better than the OE springs which had two white marks. The garage reassured me I was safe with a broken spring and said I wouldn't notice the difference with the new one fitted, yet I do. Its quieter. Definitely. Thats day one though. Spain in a few weeks.. Cant wait. £50 springs and £60 fitted..... HAPPY.

If all else fails these are reputedly used on the Cali. At the price might be worth getting as a spare set.

B.J.G. A big thank you. I was in the S**t and looking at £300 parts cost fro VW. Your help saved me over £240 in parts and that supplier was brilliant. MANY MANY thanks.