Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Collect new Cali T6 tsi Friday - is there a check list of essentials anywhere

The most upto date list is this one - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/resources/collection-checklist.46/
This was produced by myself at the end of last year for a MY17 spec Ocean although it includes a Beach section too which has been described as comprehensive. I guess you will need to add any changes to the MY18 spec (I am not uptodate on those I'm afraid - too busy enjoying my Feb17 Cali ;)). If your Cali is older then you will have to sift through to see what is relevant to your situation.The PDF file format that was uploaded by Calikev does not do the list justice as it was produced in a searchable spreadsheet originally. If you would like a copy in this format please PM me with your email address.

Check everything and take some time understanding how the roof works and the folding bed. Unbelievable as it may seem, our dealer managed to miss the fact the VW Factory had not put the auxiliary diesel / parking heater in our van build - despite the Factory paper work saying it was there. Anyway, we spotted it, the dealership was mortified but it wasn't their error (hugh relief on thier behalf!) They were excellent and sorted it by ordering us a new one so we had free use of our first van for 7 months before the correctly spec'ed one arrived. We felt terribly guilty taking our van back and swapping it. It felt like having a lovely new puppy in the family for 7 months then swapping it for a slightly better one. #abandoned!
Thank you that is good advice. Will take the time to go through things.

Hi. I’m to waiting to take delivery of my Cali ocean in a few months. How the hell do you miss out a parking heater it’s not an extra. Could the vw garage not have fitted the heater? Is there an option not to have a parking heater fitted. YouTube videos are very helpful have a look at CALIFORNIA CHRIS He works for VW in Liverpool. Some great advice and videos. How to. Fitting the gaz bottle/ how the roof works/ Q&A and lots more. Ps hope the new puppy comes soon and the vet gives her a clean bill of health ATB Glen :thumb
I was wondering if there were videos of the gas bottle fitting. Thanks that will be useful

Welcome @Izzi
How was your pick up day?
Cheers sapto
Super - dealers were v helpful and took time to show me the ropes. Though that would be at least 50 things to take in and hopefully recall when i need to set things up. Had a great drive today over 100 miles to test it out. Very easy handling - responsive steering, still have to get used to torque but getting there. Don't much like old fashioned handbrake - but all in all a very intuitive drive. Drives well in London's traffic ridden streets too. Looking forward to some real camping trips.

Do not rely on dealers check list when you pick up your Cali. Have your own. The lists in the download section may need updating but a great start. :thumb. All the best.
Well - you are right and i have discovered the handbook is way out of date. Disgraceful whrn you pay so much for this vehicle

Hi. I’m to waiting to take delivery of my Cali ocean in a few months. How the hell do you miss out a parking heater it’s not an extra. Could the vw garage not have fitted the heater? Is there an option not to have a parking heater fitted. YouTube videos are very helpful have a look at CALIFORNIA CHRIS He works for VW in Liverpool. Some great advice and videos. How to. Fitting the gaz bottle/ how the roof works/ Q&A and lots more. Ps hope the new puppy comes soon and the vet gives her a clean bill of health ATB Glen :thumb

On the Beach (which was our preferred version of the Cali for our family needs) the parking heater is an optional extra (std on Ocean) Dealer retro fit was not an option, so they ordered us a new one... but there was no option to fast track that order :headbang even though it was a 100% factory build error. So, 7 months later, we took delivery of a brand spanking new one, having had a free practice period! :) I have to say I was quite nervous when the second one arrived thinking 'please don't let them have missed anything on this one!' It was all fine! :cheers

I was wondering if there were videos of the gas bottle fitting. Thanks that will be useful
Izzi, on YouTube search for California Chris. He's got some good videos which includes fitting the gas bottle and operation.

K

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gas information starts at around 8:06m.
Great channel. Thanks for you input.

Izzi, on YouTube search for California Chris. He's got some good videos which includes fitting the gas bottle and operation.

K

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thank you

Hi I am collecting my new Cali T6 tsi on Friday. I am wondering if there is a checklist of essential things/questions to go through with the dealer which might be useful. I saw a thread somewhere but could not find the actual list.
Just for anybody about to buy a T6 Ocean (if you can find one that's not a King's ransom...) from my limited experience:
Electric pop to works
There are no rips, tears, leaks or repairs to the pop top fabric.
Are the California foot well light covers in place? They are £35 a go.
Does the bike rack function correctly and are there keys (the bike clamps seize and just spin round uselessly).
Is there a spare slung underneath?
Does the auxiliary heater work?
Sorry, teas ready, got to go!

Back