Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Collecting this Friday

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hopefully collecting our first California (T6.1) on Friday. Dealer will be talking us through the features and how to use etc. the T6.1. Noticed some problems with the roof and the heater, what would people recommend the dealer goes through and if any problems how to resolve ie. the roof staying up etc? Just wondered if anything worth the dealer in particular going through, understand the user manual is not very helpful. We have a campsite booked over the weekend to try it all out - very exciting!

From memory I think you are collecting from Norwich. Knowing what you know of these issues I would certainly get them to demo.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend :thumb

Congratulations, the fun starts now enjoy.

A new life stretches out before you........
Enjoy it! (oh, some photos please!!)

Hi @Gelato
Got mine from Norwich just over a month ago....handover was erm, rather perfunctory (just gimme the keys ok?) but to be fair I did have the opportunity to spend an hour or so a week beforehand testing almost everything that could be tested so was pretty confident on the day.

Whilst one almost expects the odd snag or two I’m happy to say ours has run precisely as described to date - roof works fine, and on our first overnighter last weekend the heater was adequate (although not as immediately searing as our previous T6 hire).

Each to their own but remember you will have warranty back-up (irritating if you need it admittedly) and from what I’ve heard Norwich aren’t the worst at responding to any problems. Relax and start enjoying the van!

Hi @Gelato
Got mine from Norwich just over a month ago....handover was erm, rather perfunctory (just gimme the keys ok?) but to be fair I did have the opportunity to spend an hour or so a week beforehand testing almost everything that could be tested so was pretty confident on the day.

Whilst one almost expects the odd snag or two I’m happy to say ours has run precisely as described to date - roof works fine, and on our first overnighter last weekend the heater was adequate (although not as immediately searing as our previous T6 hire).

Each to their own but remember you will have warranty back-up (irritating if you need it admittedly) and from what I’ve heard Norwich aren’t the worst at responding to any problems. Relax and start enjoying the van!
Great thank you. Packing our things to put in the California when we go and collect tomorrow, then spend first 2x nights away, very exciting

Congratulations and welcome ! Completely agree that the manual is the worst part of the best vehicle ever. Fortunately this Forum has answered every question we’ve ever had

Congratulations and enjoy had are one for a month now and love it

Hows it gone Gelato?

If you're reading this mid-adventure - make sure you use your phone / notebook to record your needs/wants.

Our first trip away was for a single night, purely to figure out what we did/didnt need. We had an expansive list!!!

Regards,

Tom & Beth

Hows it gone Gelato?

If you're reading this mid-adventure - make sure you use your phone / notebook to record your needs/wants.

Our first trip away was for a single night, purely to figure out what we did/didnt need. We had an expansive list!!!

Regards,
Just back from collecting and been away for 2x nights went OK apart from wrong alloy wheels so they had to change them and need to replace driver’s window black panel vinyl at some point!

Going to make a list of requirements for inside over the next few days. All very exciting.
Tom & Beth

C6AA2145-2213-4875-A18D-28CF2FF233F4.jpeg

Back