Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Colour Choice

JTMonza

JTMonza

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Finally getting down to the nitty gritty of our factory order specification and am looking for some inspiration with colour. Does any one have any pictures of lightly modified Candy White, Cherry Red or Mojave Californias. eg Contrasting mirror caps, Side graphics, Sportline alloys...

Upgrading from a current Black Kombi with red accents and would like some inspiration !

Upload your pics !!IMG_3776.JPG

The official statement on colours, is that Indium Grey is the best colour Volkswagen do for the California...

I've seen a couple of more recent pics of Indium Grey vans with the red pop top option which looked nice.

No pics but Cherry red with black awning, windows and wheels is a good look imo if you want some quick cheap ideas to look less boring.
Also works well with the Candy white Cali's.

Good afternoon,

Sorry I don't have any pictures handy at the moment, but I always would prefer indium grey.

Volkswagen has a wonderful range of colours and colour combination, some are really eye catchers. But because of this I prefer grey - I would like to "blend in" and not to be the focus of attention.

Being somewhere on a mountain or forest parking the van and go on a hike or have a pick nick (actually most of the times it is both). I prefer if the van is not focus of attention.

Regards,
Eberhard

Quite clearly Grape Yellow is the very best California colour - black handles and black wing mirrors. Put a burgundy topper on the roof, and flag stickers down the side and you have the perfect combination.
full

Solid custard yellow was the best colour and remains the best for a fun Beach but you'll have to settle for Grape (baby poo) yellow now.

White looks really sharp too and great for half wraps etc.

A great many years ago my father decided to hold a family vote on car colour. The choices were red, blue or green. All six of us ranked our preference 0, 1 or 2 points.

Red was the first choice for 3 of us and second choice for none, giving it 6 points;
Blue was the first choice for two of us and second choice for one, giving it a losing 5 points;
Green was the first choice for one and second choice for five, giving it a winning 7 points.
My dad nullified the vote and called for a second poll, accusing us of tactical voting. This time we all had three votes.

Red or blue - tied
Red or green - tied
Green or blue - blue won​

Three different voting systems, three different winners depending on how the poll is conducted:

First choice - red wins
Points vote - green wins
Head to head - blue wins
I think we ended up with a white car. My advice: don't consult.

Reactions: mof
We have a Multivan in pearl white on our neighbourhood - awesome color, I love it! But we went for the red, the best from "free" colors in my opinion.

A great many years ago my father decided to hold a family vote......My advice: don't consult.

[tin hat on - 'Boris Bike' thread digression]

You should have told that story to Cameron a few years back, at least that's what May's thinking today... :D

The best thing about Indium, is how little you have to wash it. Hides the dirt a treat.
So far, only washed it twice in 6 months. My old van, was washed every 2 weeks.
It did look good when cleaned though

5A3E5D8F-9226-49A5-978A-63F9A8041B57.jpeg

Mojave or possibly iridium with minor mods

CCBBFE39-1FD5-4496-9622-6D79B10A56CC.jpeg
Finally getting down to the nitty gritty of our factory order specification and am looking for some inspiration with colour. Does any one have any pictures of lightly modified Candy White, Cherry Red or Mojave Californias. eg Contrasting mirror caps, Side graphics, Sportline alloys...

Upgrading from a current Black Kombi with red accents and would like some inspiration !

Upload your pics !!View attachment 39571

Very nice. The Black awning rail and privacy glass set it off well.

Quite clearly Grape Yellow is the very best California colour - black handles and black wing mirrors. Put a burgundy topper on the roof, and flag stickers down the side and you have the perfect combination.
full
I was all up for yellow, but it seems to have been vetoed by the rest of the family ! Love the flag stickers !

A great many years ago my father decided to hold a family vote on car colour. The choices were red, blue or green. All six of us ranked our preference 0, 1 or 2 points.

Red was the first choice for 3 of us and second choice for none, giving it 6 points;
Blue was the first choice for two of us and second choice for one, giving it a losing 5 points;
Green was the first choice for one and second choice for five, giving it a winning 7 points.
My dad nullified the vote and called for a second poll, accusing us of tactical voting. This time we all had three votes.

Red or blue - tied
Red or green - tied
Green or blue - blue won​

Three different voting systems, three different winners depending on how the poll is conducted:

First choice - red wins
Points vote - green wins
Head to head - blue wins
I think we ended up with a white car. My advice: don't consult.
Brilliant ! Funnily enough I suggested a vote this morning, with the condition I have the final say !!!

We have a Multivan in pearl white on our neighbourhood - awesome color, I love it! But we went for the red, the best from "free" colors in my opinion.
do you have a picture to share ?

Back