Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California delivered ... in the wrong colour

So pleased you’ve come to a decision that feels right for you. Looking forward to seeing the pics in due course...
Thank you and I will post pictures :thumb
Greetings

Congratulations, I definitely think that you have made the right decision for yourself.
I must congratulate you on all the thought you have put into your purchase. Replying to all those postings, almost a full time job over the last few daysl I'm sure a lot of members have enjoyed following your journey. Thank you for letting us be part of your purchase.
Thank you for your nice words; Everyone's reactions helped me a lot.
Greetings

Congratulations and so glad you have what you really want; an exciting wait ahead and plenty of accessories to browse n the meantime.

Enjoy your summer and stay safe.
Thank you; indeed, we are going to order a few more items and during the past 8 months waiting period we already ordered the following: toilet base, window bag, inside insulation for the bellows, drainer and more.
Greetings

The die has been cast: I have followed my feelings and indeed, asked the question: who am I. Well, I'm rather retro with a little bit of chic but with a twist: it will be an ascot grey.
For me cherry red was a bit too much in my face and also too sporty, how strange that seems for a campervan but certainly not a wrong colour; I still like it.
I feel good about my decision and will always keep looking at the red californias but without regrets that we don't have one. We could have a cherry red and again chose a grey one. A grey mouse with a twist because it remains a 'special standard colour' for me.
May I thank you all again for your contributions and to all the people with a cherry red: congratulations on your vivid choice; I really couldn't do it; it's not me.
I will see our california every day: either through the front window of our house or through the window at my workplace and I want to see an ascot grey. Did I do well? For me I did.
Oh, and what did they give me extra: an expensive waxing of our new cali upon delivery and the ability to use a California rental free of charge for 3 weeks should ours be delivered later (final delivery date as stated on the new order form: 5 July 2021) + the purchase price of my opel grandland remains as it is now (no depreciation) unless my opel garage offers more. For us all is o.k. I also want a good relationship with the dealer because they are close to us (just in the middle of our house and my work) so I want to go there for maintenance or repairs.
Now I have to check and double check and recheck the order form that the dealer sent me ;)
Greetings
Ascot grey it is then, a great colour :)
New red California looking for a good home in Belgium now everyone, outgoing, likes to stand out in the crowd, very racy ;-)

Right choice IMO. A few additional months wait (especially in these Covid times) will pale into insignificance every time you look out the window or interact with the van.

Congratulation @calibusje and thanks for sharing your dilemma. I've really enjoyed reading this thread - it amused me and helped to distract from the boredom of working in my home-office over the last few days

It reminded me of a thread a long time ago about the perfect bacon sandwich. Oh the discussion about choosing cheap white bread over posh sourdough, red sauce or brown sauce, smoked bacon, streaky bacon...

Can we get a thread revival...:)

Congratulation @calibusje and thanks for sharing your dilemma. I've really enjoyed reading this thread - it amused me and helped to distract from the boredom of working in my home-office over the last few days

It reminded me of a thread a long time ago about the perfect bacon sandwich. Oh the discussion about choosing cheap white bread over posh sourdough, red sauce or brown sauce, smoked bacon, streaky bacon...
Sourdoug, Red sauce, smoked bacon please

At the beginning of this thread my feelings were indifference towards Ascot Grey, but I knew I definitely didn't like flat Red. Metallic Red, yes, flat Red, no. I now have quite a different feeling towards Ascot Grey, and have come to quite like it during this journey. I know that whenever I see an Ascot Grey California in the future, I will be thinking of you calibusje.

By the way we've had a T5.1,T6, T6.1, all dark Grey. Boring I know, but classy imo, and always easy to sell.

At the beginning of this thread my feelings were indifference towards Ascot Grey, but I knew I definitely didn't like flat Red. Metallic Red, yes, flat Red, no. I now have quite a different feeling towards Ascot Grey, and have come to quite like it during this journey. I know that whenever I see an Ascot Grey California in the future, I will be thinking of you calibusje.

By the way we've had a T5.1,T6, T6.1, all dark Grey. Boring I know, but classy imo, and always easy to sell.
thank you :embarrased
I also think the dark grey is classy.
They were going to return the red one to the importer first, but in recent days there has been a lot of positive response from people who saw it that they will sell it themselves, said the dealer this morning.
Greetings

hello everyone, just got back from the dealer to hand over the signed purchase order.
He also showed me a first of: the new caddy california (forgot to take pics).
Some atmospheric images of their front garden :)80A04488-60C0-4836-902B-339024625EE5.jpegCDBF85E4-E40A-4271-9E78-DBE73D8C7316.jpeg

One Two Tone, two Ascot Grey, two metallic Red, one Sand Beige, and is that Indium Grey on the far left? It looks like a flat dark grey compared to the GC behind. No flat red!

One Two Tone, two Ascot Grey, two metallic Red, one Sand Beige, and is that Indium Grey on the far left? It looks like a flat dark grey compared to the GC behind. No flat red!
well spotted; the two red ones are indeed fortana red. The leftmost one is an "Edition" version in Pure Grey. These are all sold new californias and are awaiting collection. The cherry red is in a different area behind the building because it was meant for us and must now be made ready for sale (we configured our ordered cali as a 5-seater and he wants to emphasize that for sale, he said). It will soon be for sale.

If only they did a pure grey Cali in the UK......I may have to wrap half my white one in pure grey.....

Hello everybody: a small update: as expected, we did not receive our ascot grey coast delivered by our summer holidays. The dealer kept the agreement and gave us 3 weeks free of charge a quasi new California (731 km at issue; just over a month old). It was a good test and I'm really looking forward to ours (delivery time no longer in 2021).
Unfortunately we had to come back after a good week before entering Île de Noirmoutier for another week of fun as our daughter broke both elbows after falling from a swing and needed surgery on one of them. Well, it is what it is and we make the most of it.
Conclusion: the 150 hp dsg drives great (we did the Pyrenees including the Tourmalet -Tour de France- and fully loaded and with 4 it had no problems). Motorway, overtaking, taking roundabouts (and there are many of these in France): all better than expected.
We brought the California back (it was an ocean) and asked for 3 extra options on ours (they could still be added according to the dealer): the fully automatic 3-zone air conditioning, especially for the children in the back of course, but also the 'turbo' button air conditioning + the extra LED lights in the pop-up roof, kitchen cupboards and in the tailgate because it is very handy (dark upstairs) and they become powerful reading lights and finally the adaptive cruise control instead of the regular one: I have used this almost constantly on major roads and impressed by.
Yes, he has me, the dealer: just made our ordered coast 2500 euros more expensive, but it is with a smile on our face.
IMG_5055.JPG

If only they did a pure grey Cali in the UK......I may have to wrap half my white one in pure grey.....
And my Ascot grey one...

Hello everybody: a small update: as expected, we did not receive our ascot grey coast delivered by our summer holidays. The dealer kept the agreement and gave us 3 weeks free of charge a quasi new California (731 km at issue; just over a month old). It was a good test and I'm really looking forward to ours (delivery time no longer in 2021).
Unfortunately we had to come back after a good week before entering Île de Noirmoutier for another week of fun as our daughter broke both elbows after falling from a swing and needed surgery on one of them. Well, it is what it is and we make the most of it.
Conclusion: the 150 hp dsg drives great (we did the Pyrenees including the Tourmalet -Tour de France- and fully loaded and with 4 it had no problems). Motorway, overtaking, taking roundabouts (and there are many of these in France): all better than expected.
We brought the California back (it was an ocean) and asked for 3 extra options on ours (they could still be added according to the dealer): the fully automatic 3-zone air conditioning, especially for the children in the back of course, but also the 'turbo' button air conditioning + the extra LED lights in the pop-up roof, kitchen cupboards and in the tailgate because it is very handy (dark upstairs) and they become powerful reading lights and finally the adaptive cruise control instead of the regular one: I have used this almost constantly on major roads and impressed by.
Yes, he has me, the dealer: just made our ordered coast 2500 euros more expensive, but it is with a smile on our face.
View attachment 81946
Lovely post @calibusje. Hope your daughter makes a swift recovery.

View attachment 81946
Bad luck, hope she recovers well.
We spent a night at Ostend Lighthouse, next to another van of Raes, a Grand California. I guess they have to lend all their showroom models to customers, waiting for their new cali's!

View attachment 81946

So saddened about hearing of the accident to your daughter. I do hope she recovers soon and fully and well. Bless her. Our little ones are so important, may all of you now be at peace after what must have been a harrowing event.

Love, Jen xxxxx

So saddened about hearing of the accident to your daughter. I do hope she recovers soon and fully and well. Bless her. Our little ones are so important, may all of you now be at peace after what must have been a harrowing event.

Love, Jen xxxxx
thank you very much; it was indeed a shock and we returned home immediately for the operation. Now everything is ok given the situation and we're making the best of it for the rest of her holiday.
Greetings
Calibusje