Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

comfort matress

D

deanwilliams

Vehicle
T5 Beach
just got my new beach am going away next week first night sleeping in the van
is the vw comfort mattress comfy or will I need an additional topper ?????

A lot will depend on you ie what you find comfortable what you are used to. I have the comfort mattress on my 3 seater beach and it is hard for me but I got so fed up with carrying other toppers around I have now just got used to it.

Some members say it’s not soft enough
I favour it as it is
The least additional items needed the more room available in the van

Alan

Only slept downstairs once on our Ocean Comfort mattress, I found it surprisingly comfy. People often describe it as firm!

Don’t forget if you have the 3 seater beach the bed doesn’t fold flat like the 2 seater and the ocean much harder and a big dip in the middle

Don’t forget if you have the 3 seater beach the bed doesn’t fold flat like the 2 seater and the ocean much harder and a big dip in the middle
How come the ocean is harder? Different build?

No sorry I meant the 3 seater beach is much harder than the ocean and 2 seater beach as it’s a completely different design

Dear, I am using a hybrid signature mattress, I know its lil bit expensive in local stores but I bought it from nest bedding coupons, well its quite comfortable and easy to carry and move, if you are confused to buy you can check more mattress from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the 3 seater bench with comfort mattress very comfortable but maybe I like a hardish bad. At least give it a go before spending money on something else you have to carry around in the van.

We have the 3 seater beach with comfort mattress and found it a bit disappointing to be honest. Not had the van long, I find it pretty hard and unforgiving. Not as comfy as I’d hoped unfortunately. Does make the un flat ‘bed’ into a fairly flat actual bed though which is a bonus! my wife doesn’t mind it, all depends on personal preference I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely down to personal preference. I like a firm mattress and for me the comfort mattress is a bit too hard. It's borderline and we're as yet undecided if we need a topper or can live with it.

If you like a soft or medium mattress I think you will probably find it too hard but it's not horrendous so give it a try for a night or two and them decide? Maybe take an extra duvet to sleep on just in case?

We've just had our most comfortable night yet on the lower bed.

We were in Northumberland for a wedding, and spent Thursday night in our van in the wedding venue car park.

VW Comfort mattress, topped with Ikea 150 x 200cm Talgje mattress topper (£80), all covered with the Brandrup fitted sheet. Bloody brilliant! No lumps, bumps, dips or sags.

Hi Dean we have the comfort mattress in our Ocean and my wife loves it and she is hard to please.

When we purchased our Cali Ocean last year it came with the one section of 'foam' on shelf area ( end of lower bed ) Looking for advice on the options for lower bed ... is it now not possible to get the original 'full section' mattress ... if this is the case what are the options ?

When we purchased our Cali Ocean last year it came with the one section of 'foam' on shelf area ( end of lower bed ) Looking for advice on the options for lower bed ... is it now not possible to get the original 'full section' mattress ... if this is the case what are the options ?

I’m pretty sure that if you go into a van dealer with the correct product code you can order the correct mattress. *BEWARE* there are at least three different mattresses for the California lower bed. Do not rely on the dealer to know the correct product code. Ask here instead and I’m sure someone will supply a photo of the correct original mattress still wrapped showing the product code. It is far easier to get it right first time than have a mistake rectified.

@BeeBee let me try and send you a PM. I do have one (unused). See if that works for you.

I find the 3 seater bench and comfort mattress combination very comfortable. The sculpting on the mattress makes a nice flat bed and it's firmish but I don't find an issue with my 47 year old back and I always get a good night's sleep on it..

Definitely try it before buying things that will end up in the cupboard.

We do take a fitted sheet to put over it and a duvet which is nicer than using sleeping bags like we did at first. Maybe when it's cold sleeping bags might be the better option but not an issue at the moment.

Does anyone have the product code for the original VW Comfort mattress for the lower bed on a California Ocean. I believe that there are three different options and picking wrong st the dealership means that you are stuck with it !

Still looking for the product code for the original VW comfort mattress

Having our first service done next week and will be making enquiries re the original VW Comfort mattress for lower bed on Cali Ocean 150 (2019).... anyone have the product code ?

This is the Comfort mattress in that we additionally ordered with our 2019 Ocean 150. The thick section fits directly on the metal grid shelf and the two thinner connected mattresses unfold over the existing seat back and two seater bench seat when lain flat.

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

Anyone in here with a 3-seater Beach that is not using the full length additional mattrass?

(We didn’t spec it and only have the little piece of comfort mattrass that goes on the MFB. Reason: I found the full length thing too bulky when not in use. So far, we didn’t receive complaints from the kids that sleep downstairs. )

Back